List of Strat customers hacked prior to January, 2021

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

freeman

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 3:08 pm

I thought it might be useful if Strat customers would list when their card got hacked if it was prior to January, 2021. Then we could send the whole list to Strat. Might give a clearer picture of when the breach actually occurred and enable those owners to get 2 credits. Just list it like you would signing up for a game, with name and approx date of hack.

lanier64

Re: List of Strat customers hacked prior to January, 2021

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 3:38 pm

I thought it might be useful if Strat customers would list when their card got hacked if it was prior to January, 2021. Then we could send the whole list to Strat. Might give a clearer picture of when the breach actually occurred and enable those owners to get 2 credits. Just list it like you would signing up for a game, with name and approx date of hack.

1. lanier64 - used credit card on Strat O Matic website on 4 January 2021 to purchase CD ROM teams. The card was subsequently unauthorized attempted use on 4 Feb 2021. Attempted card use cancelled and card was cancelled. No notification from Strat or offer of credits.
Last edited by lanier64 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fraank123

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 4:46 pm

freeman

1. lanier64 - used credit card on Strat O Matic website on 4 January 2021 to purchase CD ROM teams. The card was subsequently unauthorized attempted use on 4 Feb 2021. Attempted card use cancelled and card was cancelled. No notification from Strat or offer of credits.

2. Fraank123 - last used debit card at SOM on December 18, 2020 to purchase credits. Received call from my bank last week to inform me of attempted cash withdrawal of $200. Confirmed with Bank that was not me, transaction denied. Card was canceled and new one reissued. Also no notification from SOM and no offer of credits.

djmacb

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 7:29 pm

freeman

2. Fraank123 - last used debit card at SOM on December 18, 2020 to purchase credits. Received call from my bank last week to inform me of attempted cash withdrawal of $200. Confirmed with Bank that was not me, transaction denied. Card was canceled and new one reissued. Also no notification from SOM and no offer of credits.

3. djmacb - used my card on the SOM site on December 27. Notified by my credit card company of a hack on Jan. 13. Cancelled card. No notification by SOM, no offer of free credits. As an amusing aside, I entered Barnstormers last year, but decided I didn't want to participate in the 24-team lottery semifinals leagues. Mighty Moose announced that 2 managers decided not to participate in the semis, but received free credits from SOM anyway. This was true at the time, but I guess SOM occasionally does read the boards because within a day, they removed one of my credits. Priorities!

MaxPower

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 8:21 pm

freeman

3. djmacb - used my card on the SOM site on December 27. Notified by my credit card company of a hack on Jan. 13. Cancelled card. No notification by SOM, no offer of free credits. As an amusing aside, I entered Barnstormers last year, but decided I didn't want to participate in the 24-team lottery semifinals leagues. Mighty Moose announced that 2 managers decided not to participate in the semis, but received free credits from SOM anyway. This was true at the time, but I guess SOM occasionally does read the boards because within a day, they removed one of my credits. Priorities!

4. austinmdavidson - bought credits Dec 18, card compromised Jan 10

FrankieT

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 8:31 pm

freeman

4. austinmdavidson - bought credits Dec 18, card compromised Jan 10

5. FrankieT - purchased credits Dec 17, no compromise noted yet, but looking at these other folks' dates I will still keep an eye out (I thought this may be good info too). Until there is a more serious, professional communication on this from the company, I will not be buying further credits. I currently have 12. Too many other ways to spend my dollars and time. Yes they can elect to have one guy do customer service, IT, and product development. And yes I can decide that's unacceptable as a customer. Did not receive a notice from SOM.
Last edited by FrankieT on Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

egvrich

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 8:32 pm

6. EGVRICH - Hacked some time in January had to get a replacement card at an extremely inopportune time for me personally and have NOT received a single email, letter, freebie or anything else from Strat as of today.

emart

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 8:44 pm

7. emart. Purchased credits in mid-December, fraudulent charges showed up on January 4th and the card was shut down. Found out about the breach here after reading posts about the compromise emails being received. Notified SOM by email. Received a reply of "thanks for letting us know". Never received any emails regarding the breach and haven't received the credit offer or a reply to my email to them yesterday morning.

Hack Wilson

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 9:05 pm

Hacked in Dec. 2020 and then again in Feb. 2021. :evil: :twisted:

freeman

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 pm

You get the sense from looking at these that the breach occurred sometime in December. Even if you got hacked after January 5 and didnt get the offer you might put your name here and description here too. Ill give it a few days and send it to Strat (unless there is someone with more pull with Strat that wants to try). I'll also ask Strat to make the offer to anyone who purchased from December 15th or later (or whatever appears to be the cut-off date) and also notify anyone who purchased after that date that their card may be compromised.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats