List of Strat customers hacked prior to January, 2021

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FrankieT

Re: List of Strat customers hacked prior to January, 2021

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Hack Wilson wrote:Moose, yes, PayPal is secure, Strat doesn't receive your card info when PayPal passes the payment thru.

Yes, security is achieved by avoiding SOM's e-commerce infrastructure.

mighty moose

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 5:03 pm

Thanks, before we start Event 1, I will pass that on to the Barnstormers membership.

lexomatic

PostTue Mar 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Not exactly thrilled to have zero response from strat after emailing them directly. Not even an acknowledgement. Unless anything changes I'm playing out my credits and moving on after 35 years.

The Godfather

PostSat Mar 27, 2021 3:35 pm

I received a response from Customer Service on March 8 that was literally blank. Not a single word aside from the Customer Service e-mail signature. I responded back to that, asking what the message was supposed to be. Crickets again. That's the level of care they have regarding this. I e-mailed them again today but I think I'm done. It just shouldn't be this hard.

I never played the board game growing up and I'm younger than most playing SOM online. I only tried it on Sporting News because I remember hearing an Uncle talk about the board game. It was fun and different than regular fantasy baseball but how much has changed since 2012? I remember saying "be careful what you wish for" on the boards before the move from Sporting News and I was lampooned. Customer service is worse and updates/improvements have been negligible when you look at the timeframe since the move. I think SOM is content with focusing on the board games and downloads since there is not much to do once those are in the customers' hands. The online game seems to be a double-edged sword for them. It gives the appearance of a modern company and has slight value as an online presence (I say slight because the community here has dwindled so much over the past 5-10 years) but it has the annoyance of expectations regarding customer service, improvements, and updates. It's a shame because I've been in some really fun leagues and there are a lot of great players here. The baseline of attention needed to grow this game beyond the diehards isn't gigantic but they're not interested in that. They seem to have made peace with the fact that there is a core group who will continue to play and buy credits no matter what. They may be surprised to find out how many people aren't in that category.

barterer2002

PostSat Mar 27, 2021 11:03 pm

My card was hacked at the beginning of January. Used the new card to purchase credits for the Mystery league tournament and got hacked again. Three days later Strat announced they were the source.

MaxPower

PostSun Mar 28, 2021 2:00 am

The Godfather wrote:I received a response from Customer Service on March 8 that was literally blank. Not a single word aside from the Customer Service e-mail signature. I responded back to that, asking what the message was supposed to be. Crickets again.

Poetry. Just incredible stuff. Incompetence on a scale so titanic it becomes genuinely impressive.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 1:59 pm

I emailed strat on 3/17 regarding the issue and have not heard back from them at all. I would have thought a company would have at least acknowledged the email.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats