Disappointed in Strat...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

RiggoDrill

Re: Disappointed in Strat...

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 7:08 pm

drfreeze49 wrote:My biggest disappointment is of not communicating...They just don't seem to really care.

Good post drfreeze49. IMO, biggest issue is communication - they just don't set/manage expectations at all.

Customers don't like bad news, but they can handle it. What they really hate is surprises (or worse, being "ghosted").

drfreeze49

PostSat Feb 27, 2021 8:23 am

Finally received the attached from Strat...Did not mention anything but credit card...which is better then nothing...but why wait to address the troops...

Hi Vinnie,

Sorry if you haven't gotten a response to your earlier email - inquiries regarding the hack situation have been going through another department of ours, and they are swamped right now.

The reason it is safe to make purchases on our site (as it has been ever since we discovered the hack and removed the direct credit card option) is that the PayPal method ensures that no financial information is stored or even comes anywhere near our site. You still use your credit card using this method, and it's as safe as any website could possibly be.

We're planning to post and send out an announcement very shortly that explains the extensive measures we've taken to fully secure our website over the last few weeks, and what we're doing going forward. Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,
Strat-O-Matic 365
https://365.strat-o-matic.com

thetallguy747

PostSat Feb 27, 2021 10:10 am

I have no direct experience running a small business but I have studied, taught, consulted, and generally understand internal business culture. And when SOM made the major move of consolidating its entire online operation under one roof way back when, I said uh-oh, Long Neck, we have a problem. Immediately (to borrow from Winston Churchill), a big iron curtain descended between the company and its customer base. It came down quickly and hard. SOM let it be known they were in charge, not the customers; they would tolerate no nonsense from their customers; that basically the customer would speak only when spoken to. My perception was that the major issue, from their perspective, was not expansion, improvement, or even profitability. The issue was control. No talk-back. No complaints. No dissent. Don't bother us with your nonsense. I don't visit these board much anymore but it sounds like nothing has changed in this regard.

I didn't and still don't understand where this comes from. But when that is the attitude you project to your customer base, you are on a downward flight path.

nevdully's

PostSat Feb 27, 2021 2:59 pm

"another department of ours" :roll:

freeman

PostSat Feb 27, 2021 3:37 pm

"Another department of ours".
Yeah, what do they have like 5 employees!

John Garcia: Hey, Adam, what "department" do hacking inquiries go to?
Adam Richman.: Oh, um, wastebasket dept...
Garcia: What I thought...

Kidding of course. But I think the tall guy has it right regarding their culture. It's their baby and they will develop how it they think it should be developed. Customer suggestions regarding how to improve it are annoyances. So they seek to maintain a distance between themselves and the customer. Hence the disappearance of John Garcia's blog.

FrankieT

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 8:21 am

Yes great post Dr Freeze.
I found this had a double entendere...

..."is that the PayPal method ensures that no financial information is stored or even comes anywhere near our site."

Safe as long as your info is not stored anywhere near their site. HA No kidding, isn't that the problem?
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats