Credit card info stolen from Strat's site

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

XHowser Jr.

Re: Credit card info stolen from Strat's site

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 6:51 pm

Hack Wilson wrote:I think this hack happened long before Jan. Mine was late October. Going forward, I'm wary of doing biz with Strat.

Yes, I had a fraud charge for $2,600 on Dec 17, a few days after I made a purchase with Strato. I'm still waiting for cc company to take the charges off. I reported it 5 weeks ago. Pretty stressful really.

Palmtana

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 9:48 pm

STEVE F wrote:Not to mention that , thanks to Winberry, they are practically computer illiterate.

What is Winberry Steve? And what does it have to do with SOM's computer literacy. Thanks. I'm trying to stay current.

STEVE F

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 10:13 pm

Palmtana wrote:
STEVE F wrote:Not to mention that , thanks to Winberry, they are practically computer illiterate.

What is Winberry Steve? And what does it have to do with SOM's computer literacy. Thanks. I'm trying to stay current.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_UO4U_dX3A

Bob Winberry is Strat's computer "expert" and creator of at least the windows game, probably more. He seems to have the complete confidence of Richmond.

Palmtana

PostFri Feb 12, 2021 1:05 am

STEVE F wrote:
Palmtana wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_UO4U_dX3A

Bob Winberry is Strat's computer "expert" and creator of at least the windows game, probably more. He seems to have the complete confidence of Richmond.

OK. Thanks. I don't play the Windows games. What are the problems with it?

STEVE F

PostFri Feb 12, 2021 1:18 am

Nothing really wrong with it, it's just very simple compared to the average video game.

freeman

PostFri Feb 12, 2021 10:29 am

It shouldnt matter how your credit card is with handling fraud (responding to an earlier post). Your exposure is capped at $50. But of course there might be difference in credit care companies with how they investigate it and that could create headaches. But legally youre basically not on the hook for it.

nevdully's

PostFri Feb 12, 2021 12:15 pm

I think we should stop excusing the hack based on "small company" they've got plenty $$$.

STEVE F

PostFri Feb 12, 2021 12:54 pm

I think Strat handled it pretty well, considering the circumstances. I've been frauded before, always got my money back.

freeman

PostFri Feb 12, 2021 1:02 pm

It aint always that easy. I remember a client where the credit card company would not take off a couple of thousand dollars of fraudulent charges. Had to file a lawsuit to clear it. I wouldnt get too complacent.

visick

PostFri Feb 12, 2021 1:29 pm

So they had an excuse, "the holiday crunch" when the ATG cards weren't added in quarter #4 of 2020.

While this time the excuse is legit, I can't see the ATG cards OR the 2020 season getting added until April/May.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats