Credit card info stolen from Strat's site

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Credit card info stolen from Strat's site

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 10:41 am

Head's up, not sure why the company isn't posting this on these forums or on the 365 game pages or even on the main page, but several people that belong to strat facebook groups are reporting that Strat has informed them of a hack in late January/early February that has lead to credit card info being stolen and used for fraudulent purchases:

https://t.e2ma.net/webview/zkbhjc/45f0c ... bc338a6bc0

If you bought something from Strat recently and used your credit card, check with your bank and see if there are any weird charges. People are reporting on facebook, large fraudulent purchases in the thousands of dollars on their cards as soon as a day after a purchase on Strat's site. Paypal purcahses do not seem to be affected.

mlbphan

Re: Credit card info stolen from Strat's site

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 2:07 pm

I can confirm being one of the victims & of course not being notified by STRAT. After purchasing the ratings guide (in that time frame) both cards on file with them were compromised. Someone in Atlanta, GA was gorging at Chik Fil A & trying to make their mortgage payment on my B of A card.

RickP
mlbphan

Ninersphan

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Sorry to hear that Rick.

Still nothing on any of Strat's web pages, that is inexcusable to me. I'm not the only one that did not receive the email.

blsmith7

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 6:41 pm

I received the email, and coincidentally just had to cancel my CC because of a $530 charge at Sam's Club Online just this past weekend. I had purchased the ratings guide in January, and never thought anything of it until I received their email. Now, I can't help but think it must be connected.

Bunze0

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 7:36 pm

I bought teams in december and so far so good. Now got me worried. Why i hate putting things online.

fredpaii

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 9:45 pm

I am one of the victims. Three purchases that weren't mine. Total was around $170.

1. Victoria's Secret (Yep!)

2. Cheesecake Factory (at least they have good taste in sweet stuff)

3. Overstock.com (I don't know)

fredpaii

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 9:55 pm

Niners, THANK YOU for posting this! You probably saved me many more headaches. I need to check my bank balance more often.

Palmtana

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 10:24 pm

$207 spent on e-bay. My bank has covered it. I like to think that they bought baseball stuff. Probably not though.

mlbphan

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 11:28 pm

$207 spent on e-bay. My bank has covered it. I like to think that they bought baseball stuff. Probably not though

good to see your sense of humor has not been compromised or stolen like your credit card was Bob. :D :lol:

MaxPower

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 4:24 am

I was victimized weeks ago after buying some credits.

Did ANYONE receive an email? So far the only acknowledgement I've seen from Strat was on a private forum, over 24 hours ago. (Incidentally I posted in the thread asking if anyone else found Strat's lack of communication questionable and was then banned from the forum, which seems highly bizarre.)

My favorite bit from the statement is saying they're taking the "proactive step" of no longer accepting CC payments. I'm pretty sure that's by definition a reactive step guys...
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats