I've Made the Playoffs With 25 0f My Last 28 Teams..

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

freeman

Re: I've Made the Playoffs With 25 0f My Last 28 Teams..

PostWed Dec 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Well, guess you have no complaint about Chompsky, then...

wbonn63

PostSun Dec 20, 2020 5:42 am

My My My Nevdully, its Nevdully, Petrosian, gkhd, this is an old time thread. Where is Munich Man? I haven't played in a while, joined Barnstomers again this year and missed the playoff by a couple of games. Nevdully, quit your crying ;-) I've played you many times long ago, you're excellent, sometimes it's just bad luck and matchups. Many would love to have your success! I'm mostly piping in because I see names I remember and I remember playing against Nev many times. Happy to see some old names, Petrosian always excellence, I was happy to play with you and Nev at any chance, gkhd, always a formidable manager. I met Chompsky this year in a couple of leagues, the guy is a stud manager, I like playing against the best. I need to shake the rust off to be relevant again but it is good to see some old names. Just poking at you Nev, but quit your crying;-). I hope you and yours are well, same with all of you.

Merry Christmas!
Cheers!
B.B.

wbonn63

PostSun Dec 20, 2020 5:45 am

egvrich as well! another name I remember, Cheers to you all!

wbonn63

PostSun Dec 20, 2020 5:47 am

Treyomo as well, Cheers!

egvrich

PostSun Dec 20, 2020 8:31 am

Yeah, this thread is a trip down memory lane. Many people here from the original ATG.

PJ Axelsson

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 7:18 pm

Hey Nev, want me to take over your teams for awhile and straighten your ship out for you?

:D

the ghost of roger maris

PostThu Dec 24, 2020 12:58 pm

in real life coaches like Whitey Herzog, Dean Smith, Roy WIlliams, Marv Levy are skilled coached who "steal" number of games during the long season that gets them in the playoffs. Once in the playoffs they face teams of equal or greater talent (who may do to their coach not won as many games in the long season). In a short series anything can happen. I have Trout in a keeper league we play 2 seasons a card set. I have made the playoffs twice for 8 years running....The only titles are when Trout hits....most of my losses in the playoffs are when he is around .200 or injured.
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Radagast Brown

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Last Droid, I understand that you are intimidated by new things, but you should give the Mystery Tournament a try.

If you could do well at that, maybe you would be seen as more than just a one dimensional player, who can only win with one set, after a 1000 tries.

Tell you what, if you can get over your fear, I will give you some general pointers.

I know you can do it. Others may say you are one dimensional but I know that's only for lack of trying.

And I get it, the older WE get new things scare us, but you can do it.

FRANKMANSUETO

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 2:35 pm

Every ONE of my teams would have made the playoffs...only if they didn't start the season with a losing streak, didn't have a losing streak mid-season or finish the season with one. Didn't blow leads after the 7th inning or if SOM didn't hate me so much! But hey, I've stayed at a Holiday Inn before. :D :lol:

ertooso

PostMon Jan 04, 2021 6:43 am

It is all nice, but who is this mysterious person we need to stop? I really do not understand why everybody is having so much fun here. It looks like I must have missed something on the forum. I am not so long here. My location is https://worldpostalcode.com/united-states/indiana/indianapolis. So please tell me what is behind all this. Thanks a lot in advance.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats