Pitcher Cards

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

galskiles

Pitcher Cards

PostSat Jul 04, 2020 9:01 am

2 Questions for all you Strat Vets. 1) Are there injury ratings for pitchers and how can you find them. 2) Are there batting stats available for viewing for pitchers? (A number of the older pitchers were quite good hitters and Ruth and several Negro League Pitchers also have hitter cards and were stars at the plate as well as on the mound.) I'm quite curious as to how their historical hitting stats are reflected in their performance while batting as pitchers.

jjii66

Re: Pitcher Cards

PostSat Jul 04, 2020 12:52 pm

1) In single-seasons there are, but in the ATG sets, I'm 99% sure that every pitcher has an equal chance of being injured (and it's not very high.)
2) Unfortunately, this particular version of Strat doesn't use pitchers' batting cards. Each pitcher is assigned a sort of generic hitting card based on his real-life abilities, but even the best of those cards aren't very good. Phil Cockrell for example uses the 8NR card, which is as good as it gets, but that just means he'll hit better than most pitchers.

galskiles

PostSat Jul 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Thanks jjii66

labratory

PostSat Jul 04, 2020 7:57 pm

The pitcher injury is on the pitcher's hitting card.
In leagues where the pitcher doesn't hit, a roll of 6-12 on the DH results in an injury to the pitcher.

Pitchers that pitched more than a certain number of innings can only be injured for 3 games maximum. I think it's 200 innings but not sure. I'm also not sure if the limit applies to both * and non-* pitchers.

For example, a 9* starting pitcher can be injured during a game but they will never miss their next start.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats