New Franchise League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

robert.kosky

New Franchise League

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 5:21 pm

This is a modified franchise league, 250M team cap, with DH: Once we have 12 owners who will commit to this league, I will run a randomizer to determine who gets each of the 12 combos below. Then each owner will put together an auto draft list and then we’ll follow the rules below. This will be a private league once the 12 owners know their teams.

1) Giants/Rockies
2) Dodgers/Padres
3) A’s/Mets
4) Indians/Rangers
5) Cubs/Royals
6) Cards/Angels
7) Expos;Nats/DBacks
8) Pirates/Astros
9) White Sox/Reds
10) Braves/Mariners
11) Tigers/Phillies
12) Orioles;Browns/Twins

Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Brewers, Marlins, Rays and Negro League players will be free agents.

Please read the rules:

Rules:
1) A player must have a card for the franchise(s) you selected, but you can use any of their cards. If you drop a player who is not exclusive to your teams, you do not retain rights to him. (Example: Harvey Haddix has a card for Pirates, O’s and Cards. If one team drops him the other two can pick him up)

2) Trades are allowed if you rightfully own the player. (Example: The Dodgers can trade Duke Snider to the Giants for Mays since both teams own their rights. Then the new teams own them but again be careful because if you drop them into FA their old team can claim them. There will possibly be smaller trades to get certain players to their rightful team or to get players dropped. Any team taking on a player that they don’t own will have to drop them at waivers or before if possible.

3)Please use a ballpark from a franchise you selected.

4) FA/Waivers. Players available at FA/Waiver draft are any player that has a card for the Yankees, Red Sox, Nel the 4 unused teams from above and pre-1900 players that have a card not tied to a current franchise (Baldwin, Barnes, Browning, Hecker, Sweeney, and some players like Radbourn, Jennings, and Keefe also a card to a non-current franchise that can be available at FA/waiver wire if not drafted or dropped during FA.)

5) You may use any card a player has if they have a card for one of your franchises. So, if the A’s get McGwire then he can use his Cardinal card or his A’s card.

6) Please draft fairly. If, following the original draft, your team has a player that shouldn't be there and you don’t have a good reason for him being on your team (like missing out on a player eligible for your team), then there will be a substantial penalty. For example, if the Twins team gets a $9 million plus SS (there is no SS they could have missed on), they will forfeit a player or waiver pick as a penalty.

1) Bob Hoser
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
Last edited by robert.kosky on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dalelawrence

Re: New Franchise League

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 5:24 pm

1) Bob Hoser
2) Dale Lawrence
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

joemay3rd

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 5:45 pm

1) Bob Hoser
2) Dale Lawrence
3) Joemay3rd
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

phalfoot

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 pm

bonjour,
I'm interested but not sure I understand how the FA pick up works? why would you need FA's if you have to two franchises to select your team from? I draft players from those two franchises and once the league starts I can drop all of them for FA's?

Francois B.

robert.kosky

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Francois,

To answer your question, yes. You'd have some high quality players to select from the free agent list to make your team better.

muellerinwesttn

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 7:23 pm

1) Bob Hoser
2) Dale Lawrence
3) Joemay3rd
4) muellerinwesttn
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

phalfoot

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 pm

ok thanks...

I think you will end up with teams filled with FA's and very few original franchise players...The most recent franchises don't have many 10M plus players and will fill up with FA's....I've seen it happen...To me it's kind of missing the "franchise" point kind of thing...Your league your rules I suppose...

muellerinwesttn

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 7:30 pm

From my experience, the franchise league feel will be there. I'm looking forward to it.

robert.kosky

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 7:57 pm

I think you will end up with teams filled with FA's and very few original franchise players...The most recent franchises don't have many 10M plus players and will fill up with FA's....I've seen it happen...To me it's kind of missing the "franchise" point kind of thing...Your league your rules I suppose...

I can see your point, but overall, there will still be quite a few franchise players with their original team. But the main reason I'm setting up this league is to make it more fair. Too often if you are one of the last owners to get a franchise, you're getting a team that is not talented as those franchises taken earlier. And by having two of the best franchises, the Yankees and the Red Sox off the board to two owners, all that talent can be more evenly dispersed.

warpig4852

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 9:52 pm

1) Bob Hoser
2) Dale Lawrence
3) Joemay3rd
4) muellerinwesttn
5)warpig4852
6)
7)
8)
9)