BASEBALL IS BACK JULY 23rd ???

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FrankieT

Re: BASEBALL IS BACK JULY 24TH ???

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 11:00 pm

The Last Druid wrote:Just an alternative and minority opinion. If all the incongruities regarding what has transpired to date with the novel corona virus, doesn't at least cause one to question the official narratives and what the agendas are behind them, then by all means frenetically return to your fantasy world of adult males, throwing and hitting little white balls while running around touching little white base for utterly obscene amounts of money.

Same here on the minority part as well as not wanting to pick any fights.

The last couple years have been an assault on anything DJT tied his name to--which he tends to do too much of--including by those inside his own administration who are not appointees, which I have personally witnessed at a high level, as I work across the street. The only thing more prevalent than the incongruities TLD mentions has been the unified resistance.

And I think it is pretty clear we ditched "capitalism" a while ago--but if not convinced the last few months confirmed it. Nothing capitalist about extreme centralization of industries and decisions, halting small biz commerce and consumer activity, while handing out freshly printed money. Nor in abrogating private property rights. But hey, bread and circuses as someone said--why not.

And the folks get to wasting their time talking about non-issues at a national level--when all the power needed is at the local level of every community in america. The same power that was used to tell cops to leave rioters alone and allow subversive elements to conquer.

So yeah, gardening was already my jam, and I still love it...no complaints there. The reading part--wow...Bastiat never looked so wise.

freeman

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 11:48 pm

Yes. I don't want to pick any fights, either. And I like to hear what people have to say (and I figure people here are smarter than average) even though I suspect that I am definitely in the minority here. But I dont need my blood pressure to go up! Or cause others to do so.

FrankieT

PostSun Jun 28, 2020 12:01 am

No kidding. Hey we all each get exactly one life to live. If we can't choose how to do that, then nothing else matters.

Good stuff gents. And baseball is good like Spring. I just have a love-hate relationship with it.
Baseball's rules ≈ Spring's pollen ;)

thetallguy747

PostSun Jun 28, 2020 2:40 pm

The designated hitter will be used in both leagues this year for the first time and also Major League Baseball for the first time will adopt an extra-inning approach employed by the minors, with each team starting an extra inning with a man at second and nobody out.

What a perfidious way to force the DH on NL baseball fans -- to exploit the pandemic crisis to shove this down our throats. And of course the DH will never go away thereafter. How shameful.

And starting each extra inning with a man on second? Can somebody pinch me? I knew they'd been experimenting with this in the low minors the last year or two. But I never dreamed anyone in the commissioner's office nor anyone in the owners circle could ever be so disrespectful of the game to ever bring this to the major leagues. Yet here we are. Mygod, I've played in slow pitch softball leagues that would never stoop to doing something like this.

Why not just let each extra innings hitter walk out to second base with a ball and a fungo bat -- and the first guy to hit it over the fence wins the game?

With no fans allowed, maybe they'll decide to get out the paint brushes and turn each stadium into one big Where's Waldo puzzle. It would probably increase their TV ratings.

Is there anyone left in Organized Baseball with a shred of dignity? Or maybe (God forbid) a love for the game?

thetallguy747

PostSun Jun 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Freeman wrote:

At this point, given the pressure by the Trump Administration to have all federal agencies conform to its political objectives, information from the CDC is suspect.

I don't come to the SOM boards to argue politics. But I have to respond to this. The CDC has been pursuing its own political agenda long before Trump came along. As a younger man, Dr. Anthony Fauci and others at the CDC colluded with the media to suppress the emerging science on the means of transmission of AIDS. As late as 1987-88, the media was regularly running stories that led the public to believe that anyone could get AIDS in any number of unknown ways. The public lived in fear that at any time they could touch the wrong door knob and end up with the AIDS death sentence. For anyone who took the time to follow the actual science, it had become clear early in the AIDS research that this was nonsense. The live virus had to be introduced directly into the other person's bloodstream. And there was a very limited number of ways that kind of transmission could be accomplished. Yet the CDC, purely for political purposes, was satisfied to help perpetuate this fear unnecessarily for more than a few years.

What was it -- just last week? -- that Fauci took to the airwaves and with casual aplomb admitted that in the early phase of the Wuhan outbreak he had lied about the efficacy of wearing face masks because he wanted to make sure there was a plentiful supply on hand for medical workers. The people at CDC will lie at the drop of a hat if it advances some hidden agenda they have at the time.

Frankly I don't think they have much interest in advancing Donald Trump's political career.

RotationsGeek

PostSun Jun 28, 2020 11:35 pm

The Tall Guy is right...

Redfield, Fauci, and Birx have LONG been a corrupt triumvirate.
Not gonna rant, but if you're interested in a bit of history:

https://vaccineimpact.com/2020/cdc-dire ... v-vaccine/
“I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault.”
(Ty Cobb)

jet40

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 am

I live in Nova Scotia, and we have less then 1 million residents. When this started our provincial government (early March) closed our schools, closed our borders and stressed social distancing. If you were abroad and came home you had to self quarantine for 14 days. Almost all non- essential businesses were closed. Where I work, because of the social distancing we had to lay-off about a third of our work force. I had to take 3 days off work waiting for the test results of my niece to come back. She has lived with me for almost a year as she recovers from a double lung transplant so is considered 'high risk'. Fortunately the results were negative. But the best thing our province did was communicate. Our Premier and Chief Medical officer (Dr. Strang) had daily televised briefings. They stressed the keys to 'flattening the curve' while giving us hope for the future. As a result we have 20 consecutive days with no new cases reported. We are slowly opening back up.

John

The Last Druid

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 am

Yes. The CDC is completely opposed to Trump. Like the FDA, it's policies are agenda driven and quite concordant with the globalist agenda which equates to being against the interests of the American people. The entire medical system in this country is an unmitigated disaster and one of the leading causes of death in America. Its unholy alliance with big pharma is a corrupt swamp in dire need of being drained.

scorehouse

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 6:45 pm

You wouldn't believe the number of bio medical patents that Fauci owns. acquired them while being paid by we, the taxpayers, and threating employment termination and withdrawal of funding from numerous inventors. he's aslo guilty of delaying and declining funding for research projects that he believed were ahead of his team or on a path his cronies didn't want to pursue. all started with the Bayh-Dole Act and the rush to find treatment for AIDS. think about this. Fauci has been fleecing taxpayers for over 50 years!!! who the hell works for the government for over 50 years??

FrankieT

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 7:40 pm

50 years? Public "Servants"

Gosh I despise that characterization of politicians and bureaucrats. There's no humble servitude about it. Nothing wrong with that, but just don't like when it is made out to be more self-sacrificing than it is. The most that can be said is it transfers new wealth produced in the private sector to public sector services.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats