Drop and Pick Up for ATG

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

PAULSALONIA

Drop and Pick Up for ATG

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 8:40 am

My brothers/friends and I are new to the ATG.

Here's a question my youngest brother asked and I honestly didn't know the answer. Hoping you guys can help.

He currently drafted Babe Ruth's 16 mill season. We are still in the waiver wire deadline phase.

After the deadline has passed, could he do the followiing:

1. Drop Ruth 16 million card
2. Pick up Ruth 12 million card

Is this permissible? Or does Strato allow a time frame in which he as the drafted team is not allowed to add and drop the same player for a lesser salary so quickly.

Let me know when you guys have a chance. Thank you.

andycummings65

Re: Drop and Pick Up for ATG

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 8:43 am

Yes you can make that switch after waivers.

Outta Leftfield

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 10:05 am

You can make any number of swaps without penalty after waivers and before the season starts. With a player one's roster, such as Ruth, you can swap price levels repeatedly.

After 10 PM ET on the night the season starts, drops involve a 5% penalty (in a standard league). The penalty increases to 10% and 20% at later points in the season.

It's not unusual for the managers in a league to make dozens of changes each to their teams after waivers ends and before the season starts.

tmfw30

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 pm

It is also a common practice to draft a cheaper version of the player you want to allow you more room to draft more players on your draft card to hedge against missing out on guys in the autodraft. Then after waivers but before the season starts you can drop/add to the specific card you had intended to use for your season.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats