200 Million dollar 12 team Franchise league! FULL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

socks112510

200 Million dollar 12 team Franchise league! FULL

PostWed May 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Ok this is my idea for a league. You take all 4 league roster to put together a team. You get their dead ball, pre WW2, post WW2 and expansion rosters of the team you choose. Only clubs with all four rosters are available will be allowed. The New York Yankees can't be used sorry. Now possible questions. When a player plays for more than one team the team with the first recorded year gets the player. So Bonds goes to Pittsburgh and maddux goes to Cubs sorry. Since you have 4 rosters to c but kevin brown who has 3 cards but only the Dodgers meet criteria of 4 rosters Brown would be their's. No trades your team rosters our your pool of players. I have never played an African American team so I am going too. Since you need 4 pure relievers and none exist in African American league players I'm using a team that doesn't qualify to get them adding that team to my roster. We should not have any trouble filling a 12 team roster and shouldn't need waivers since we can fix any errors in rosters in preseason. Also your ball park should reflect a choice based on what team you choose. Let's have fun and playball.

Please fill in your team choice. Remember must have 4 rosters. Must use a ballpark based on you team. Players belong to earliest year player card appears Bonds would be Pittsburgh for example. Babe Ruth can be used as a pitcher for Boston Red Sox. Players choose must be on team you choice 4 rosters only. Once you choose team go a head and choose players I hope to have league made by tonight. No Yankees allowed sorry!

Teams chosen so far.

1 Negro league/Montreal Expos pitching only.
2 Giants
3 Cubs
4 Dodgers
5 A's
6 Cleveland
7 St Louis
8 Pirates
9 Boston
10 Tigers
11 Braves

I have tried to be through and I hope fair and hope this idea takes off any conflicts questions please message me.
Last edited by socks112510 on Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 am, edited 8 times in total.

Main Line Expos

Re: 200 Million dollar 12 team Franchise league! Dh no wavi

PostSat May 16, 2020 11:37 pm

So if I understand this correctly you pick one team and use all for settings, dB, pre, post and exp. if that is correct I will try the Dodgers.

coachprbb

PostSun May 17, 2020 1:32 pm

so what if no one picks the A's, does McGwire become available to Cards, same with Bonds and Giants?

Either way I pick Giants

kinkaid7477

PostSun May 17, 2020 1:41 pm

Can I get the Cubs?

atjlennon

PostMon May 18, 2020 2:27 pm

Same question as others had above about free agents (not on claimed roster or franchise with 4 rosters):

1) Are guys like Junior and any of the Yankees free agents for anyone to pick in frenzy? Or off limits?

2) I assume the Bonds and Maddux would have to be Bonds from a PIT year (not SF), assuming PIT is claimed, and Maddux from a CHC year (not ATL)?

3) I saw you picked Expos for your reliever group but I think technically that would be the expansion-era pool associated with WSH, right (I know the Nats are in that pool)? Otherwise, what would the 4th WSH pool (exp era) be: MIN, TEX and/or MON? Being a WSH native, I was tempted to look there but...

Can I get the PHI/OAK A's?

atjlennon

PostMon May 18, 2020 3:55 pm

We need some Midwesterners in here:

Cards (Most WS titles with Yanks out)
Reds (NL winner if you followed the MLB.com Franchise Dream bracket)
Indians
Tigers
White Sox

Pirates and
Phillies for PA fans all available.

Also,

Braves (Boston/Milwaukee/Atlanta)
St Louis Browns/Orioles
Washington (exp era TBD see ? above)

Fun concept

socks112510

PostMon May 18, 2020 8:15 pm

If a person is on a team that doesn't get picked say bonds and Pittsburgh would that make him available for say giants or such other incidents occurr. I believe that question should be decided after draft by majority vote of teams involved personally I say no but it involves us all a majority vote could lessen hard feelings. But other than that question no to trades or Yankees defeats purpose of league i

coachprbb

PostMon May 18, 2020 10:30 pm

Socks, what are the chances you would have 3 New Orleans area teams including yourself in the 6 members of this league....dodgers, expos, cubs

atjlennon

PostTue May 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Anyone know what franchise Air Pirate's Urbania Capital Bears is?

coachprbb

PostTue May 19, 2020 5:03 pm

or who the weed smokers have?
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats