ATG 9 Pricing-Some are in

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

drfreeze49

Re: ATG 9 Pricing-Some are in

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 pm

STEVE F wrote:Exactly. And Pedro? Who is going to use a $10.67 5 day SP??

Me me ...Raising my hand vigorously... love the 5 man rotations

The Last Druid

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Most changes mentioned so far seem highly appropriate and long overdue, although non* Pedro at 10M seems more fitting. The most egregious pricing mistakes with pitchers are being corrected and that is a game changer in itself.

egvrich

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 5:06 pm

The Last Druid wrote:Most changes mentioned so far seem highly appropriate and long overdue, although non* Pedro at 10M seems more fitting. The most egregious pricing mistakes with pitchers are being corrected and that is a game changer in itself.

Bruce,

What are your thoughts on the minimal hitter changes?

Rich

BDWard

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 5:56 pm

Only a few price changes have been mentioned so far, and they seem to involve mostly price increases to ATG8 bargain pitchers, which people naturally checked first, before SOM turned off the price leak. At least we have some proof that SOM reads the message boards.

I think it would be wise to reserve judgment on the price increases until we see new prices for the entire set. With innings limitations finally being put on relief pitchers, it shouldn't be surprising that the cost of starting pitchers will increase.

Not too many hitters were mentioned regarding the price increases, which I suspect is because people lost access to the increases before hitters could be checked. I also agree that the increases we've seen so far seem to be mostly appropriate. Among hitters, we can probably count on increases to egregiously under priced cards such as $11.25 mil Barry Bonds, $10.01 mil Joe Dimaggio, $9.36 mil Willie McCovey, $8.86 mil Nap Lajoie, $4.34 mil Tommy Davis, $4.86 mil Richie Ashburn, $4.66 mil Dave Henderson, $4.25 mil Raul Mondesi, and $1.03 mil Edgar Renteria.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see some hitters reduced in price, including $12.89 mil Oscar Charleston, $11.44 mil Ross Barnes, $11.25 mil Honus Wagner, $10.61 mil Derek Jeter, $10.49 mil Eddie Collins and $8.05 mil Andruw Jones.

There will be some starting pitcher price reductions, most likely concentrated among seldom used players. I expect some modest price drops in relief pitchers, as it seems that they were originally priced based upon 150 innings max.

As has always happened with each iteration of the ATG series, valuable subs will become more expensive, so expect price increases in Gipson, Howard and Aybar.

Of course there will be bargains. We'll just have to unearth them.

Be cautious, be safe and stay healthy. - Bernie

The Last Druid

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Interestingly Joe the Jet has McCovey's 1969 card as already overpriced, although Davis is one of the most underpriced hitters in the set along with Tori Hunter, 20% price increases for those two cards seems about right. With the exception of Renteria, I don't think any hitters prices should fluctuate much beyond 20%

Rich: I wouldn't call the changes to Daniels and Brown minimal. A 10% change of price is very significant IMHO. The fact that the non* starting pitchers mentioned above changed so much is mostly a testament to how grossly they were underpriced to begin with. Not sure if the changes cited are partially usage based; that would be nice but is probably not something SOM would want to invest the time in. Be that as it may, still maintain that the few glimpses we got of the pricing changes so far are a very good thing.

DANMARTINELLI

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Glad to see Pineiro and Duren get price increases, in my current league they are both on pace for 180 IP, in real life they both had about 75 - almost 2.5X. At the higher price I am hoping they will used less as a fifth starter.

gkhd11a

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 9:35 pm

supertyphoon wrote:If for example, they raise all the salaries of the most egregious pitcher bargains, implement rules to limit the use of the super reliever, and still kept all the hitter salaries the same, the net result is a positive in the standard $80M leagues. Teams will have to spend more for a good pitching staff, and can spend less on hitting. The big problem will be large cap leagues. Overall, I think the smaller cap leagues will benefit from changes like the ones we've uncovered so far.

The top players will assimilate all the park options with the pricing options and come up with the most advantageous mathematically likely team to win by using computer aided pricing. They will relish the early leagues where they can ply their advantage and rue the "mispricing" of players as the best bargain combinations come to be known and they will once again demand a repricing. It is just a mathematical calculation at the end of the day, this is not rocket science. As they begin to work on the reposting, the "experts" will once again begin to post long lists of "bargains" and ways to win. Happened in ATG1, ATGII ATGIII etc.... The one who spends the most on having the data analyzed for all the options will be the biggest "genius" in the game..........

tmfw30

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 12:00 am

"Heredia went from 1.23 to 2.94"

Well, there goes 95% of my team designs!

Chompsky

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm

I can't wait to see the new prices.

Do we have any sense of when they will be public (my apologies if this has already been written recently)? This week? April? 10 weeks? Whenever it is, it will be exciting to participate in the new environment.

It's a new ballgame--it will be fun to see where the new footholds are to scale the Strat mountain.

Chompsky

mighty moose

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 4:20 pm

I was told "Mid April"
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats