The Level playing Field 1947-87 league-Visualization

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Nyquilizer

The Level playing Field 1947-87 league-Visualization

PostSun Dec 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Greetings to All!
This is Just an in depth expose' of what was intended by this league creation. This Strat person does not like paying for "mystery" performance players and definite overpriced values with unknown results. Kind of a guessing game that doesn't prove worthy of my entertainment dollar at this pint in history. As a 60 year old Baseball fan, I am a "tabletop" type of hobbyist, ever since about 1973-74. Strat 365 is a nice venue to "hobby" with like minded baseball people. The problem I see( only IN My Opinion of course), is the existence of too many leagues involving the ATG set, and nothing else besides "mystery" decades, and now only 1982 and 1999( as singular non mystery sets) for league creation.
All of our Tabletop or 365 hobbying generally occurs in our "Mind's eye" of imagination. I am 60, and I cannot "Visualize" in my "minds eye", how Ed Delahanty stood at the plate, nor what kind of windup Three Finger Brown used( vis a vie--the Deadball era). Same things true for the Negro league players. I want to forget about the Canseco/Palmiero ste roids of 1988 onward in my baseball Mind's eye. But thats just Me!, maybe not you. I feel basic general knowledge of Baseball's deadball era, negro leagues is a mainly dark and obscure time in baseball history. It also does not "hobby" well, set against the 1947--87 time period. The obscurity and distortion of statistical output from those periods of time, veil the general known history of baseball (1947--87) when integrated, in less than perfect game systems such as this( Strat 365).
So the real purpose of this league creation was to "level the playing field" and remove deadball, negro leagues, and Steroid induced statistical inflation. I feel and I do hope, that this proves to indeed level the playing field, and helps create a league with more tightly run pennant races. MORE FUN for everyone's "Entertainment Dollar"! It's NOT always about winning per se. It's not about winning Strat365 credits!!! Its about competition on a level playing field, no secret advantages based on all game simulation inherent flaws. Its about a level playing field of knowledge of an era (1947--87) used against one another, and one owner emerging victorious--Fairly.
Obviously the above was written to help induce "less experienced" to PLAY STRAT 365!!! My apologies for the super experienced. I do invite everyone from Hall of Famers down to prospects like me---to come on in and join. Beat everyone and anyone Down, simply with your basic Level playing field knowledge!!
Thank You! Peace--over and out.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats