Open Letter to Gronk

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

rburgh

Open Letter to Gronk

PostFri Sep 20, 2019 11:40 am

Leaning Tower of Pisa league
My hitters are pre determined & unbalanced to the hilt C Posey, Fisk 1B Bagwell, Cash 2B Boone, Joe Morgan 3B Dick Allen, Beltre, SS Ernie Banks only LF Ellis Burks, Josh Hamilton CF Andrew McCutcheon Dale Murphy RF Juan Gonzalez, Joe Jackson DH Glaus, Giles; Specifically I draft Round 1. pitcher 2. Joe Morgan 3. pitcher 4. Bagwell 5. pitcher 6. Hamilton 7. Cash 8. Boone 9 Joe Jackson 10 Banks 11 pitcher 12 Posey 13 Beltre 14 Dick Allen 15 pitcher 16 Juan Gonzalez 17 Ellis Burks 18. pitcher 19 Glaus 20 McCutcheon 21 Fisk 22 pitcher 23 pitcher 24 pitcher or Giles 25. pitcher or Dale Murphy: Frenzy to follow. I am required to keep my 17 hitters but can otherwise add ANY further players during Frenzy and during the season. Please pay careful attention NOT to draft any of my 17 predetermined hitters during the draft or you will lose the player. Please make sure my 17 are never in your queue in case of any type of system glitch! Please do not pick up any of my 17 after the draft as I will probably need to pick up two due to pitcher roster minimums during the draft. We will draft on the first Friday after the league fills. Good Luck to All !!!

Interesting concept, but I think you're asking us to give you too much. There's no chance you could get Bagwell in the 4th round in any draft, and little chance you could get Morgan in the 2nd or Hamilton in the 6th. And most of your next 7 hitters are often drafted before the 11th round and few or none ever fall to the 14th. If you drafted your first 3 pitchers in rounds 2, 4, and 6 and moved the top 3 hitters each up a round I think it would be fairer compensation for our agreeing to let you get all of the next 7 along with another pitcher by round 14.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats