Can anyone explain this? (not my team)

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

egvrich

Can anyone explain this? (not my team)

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 6:27 pm

6th inning, Benito Santiago leads off with a triple then gets caught attempting to steal home????

https://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/440984/119

According to the team owner the team steal setting was at "Normal" and Santiago was set to "Don't Steal".

I see nothing to indicate it was failed bunt though that would make perfect sense.

Am I missing something? If Murray attempted a sacrifice, wouldn't it say "sac" in the Play by Play?
Last edited by egvrich on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ScumbyJr

Re: Can anyone explain this? (not my team)

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 9:48 pm

A failed squeeze attempt Murray misses n strike 3 and Santiago out trying to score.

egvrich

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 7:39 am

ScumbyJr wrote:A failed squeeze attempt Murray misses n strike 3 and Santiago out trying to score.

And that makes perfect sense from a baseball standpoint, but shouldn't it indicate that somewhere in the log?

Mumford

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 am

egvrich wrote:
ScumbyJr wrote:A failed squeeze attempt Murray misses n strike 3 and Santiago out trying to score.

And that makes perfect sense from a baseball standpoint, but shouldn't it indicate that somewhere in the log?

I don't know. Since the bunt was never executed it may not show up there?

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 9:08 am

I think you have the order of events wrong.

Santiago tripled. Murray struck out. Smith tried to squeeze but failed and Santiago was thrown out stealing. There is no sacrifice listed because it failed. Smith then walked, and Fox grounded out.

The only way to know for sure is to look at manager profiles under League, and see if there is 1 more failed squeeze attempt then there was yesterday, and that assumes that you knew what it was yesterday.

egvrich

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 am

chris.sied@yahoo.com wrote:I think you have the order of events wrong.

Santiago tripled. Murray struck out. Smith tried to squeeze but failed and Santiago was thrown out stealing. There is no sacrifice listed because it failed. Smith then walked, and Fox grounded out.

The only way to know for sure is to look at manager profiles under League, and see if there is 1 more failed squeeze attempt then there was yesterday, and that assumes that you knew what it was yesterday.

That sounds pretty logical Chris. Would be nice if they actually indicated a failed squeeze attempt like they indicate a successful one.

SMH :roll:

rburgh

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Yes, I think Chris has it right. Failed suicide squeeze attempt. HAL loves him some suicide squeezes.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 3:29 pm

HAL makes us all suicidal at times.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats