Browning, Pete

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tmm6883

Re: Browning, Pete

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 9:21 pm

I’ve used him many times. He doesn’t steal at all but his OBP and BA is always good.

MonkeyMaker

Re: Browning, Pete

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 7:32 pm

From the hitter card expalnation - my comments missed in between

General steal rating -- AA is the best; E is the worst.

As useful as your grandmother in a street fight

Detailed steal rating (following the A-E rating) -- The first number is the dice-roll (2-12) probability that the runner will get a good lead; the second number is the roll he would be picked off. Numbers not listed are the numbers he doesn't get a good lead. A wide range of getting a good lead usually means the player attempts many steals. A wide range of the second number means he gets picked too often.

Detailed steal safe chances (in parentheses at the end of the steal rating) -- If the runner gets a good lead (see number description to the left), the first number is the possibility he will be safe stealing, between 1-20. The second number is the possibility if he doesn't get a good lead. Nineteen is the highest number possible. A high first number indicates an accurate basestealer - if he gets a good lead, he usually makes it. A high second number means he is a true speed demon, able to steal even if he doesn't get a good lead.

If a runners possiblity of getting thrown out without a good lead is below 15, he's not a good basestealer imo. Adjust your stealing preferences accordingly. Also, an asterisk means that the runner has to be held on which can possibly eliminate a double play chance. Not sure how that works, or if that is completely correct, but that's my understanding.

I haven't used Browning that much but when I did, he didn't steal much for me. With that rating, I might set him on never steal. He has a 75% chance of stealing a base if a catcher's arm rating is 0. If it is higher that percentage will go down.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats