NEW FEATURE FOR LIVE DRAFTS - oh boy!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nomadbrad

NEW FEATURE FOR LIVE DRAFTS - oh boy!

PostWed May 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Every time I have done a Friday Live Draft the week of a change the draft has NOT happened correctly.........and with 3 new cues now available, I'm sure they have NOT been quality tested.... I will not be joining this Friday's Live draft for that reason.

I'm sure there will be 12 angry guinea pigs come Saturday morning, but they will NOT have my sympathies, since everybody should know by know that it will likely fail based on past glitches during LIVE drafts the week of a major roll out......This one should be EPIC !

Have fun this Friday guys!

Salty

Re: NEW FEATURE FOR LIVE DRAFTS - oh boy!

PostThu May 30, 2019 12:47 pm

nomadbrad@sbcglobal.net wrote:Every time I have done a Friday Live Draft the week of a change the draft has NOT happened correctly.........and with 3 new cues now available, I'm sure they have NOT been quality tested.... I will not be joining this Friday's Live draft for that reason.

I'm sure there will be 12 angry guinea pigs come Saturday morning, but they will NOT have my sympathies, since everybody should know by know that it will likely fail based on past glitches during LIVE drafts the week of a major roll out......This one should be EPIC !

Have fun this Friday guys!

tough to argue against this-
I have no idea if itll work or not- but Id give it about 50/50 either way.
and also do not want to be one of the disappointed folks yet again, which is the same reason I tried one 2017 daily league-
realized they still didn't have it right and were experimenting during the season and haven't done one since.

rburgh

PostThu May 30, 2019 7:51 pm

So if enough people think this way, there will never be another live draft here. Brilliant!

Salty

PostThu May 30, 2019 11:58 pm

rburgh wrote:So if enough people think this way, there will never be another live draft here. Brilliant!

or alternatively they could get some folks to actually test it before asking folks to pay for it-
its sort of unfair to ask folks to pay to test something yeah?

They could also give a free credit to anyone who has played in x number of live drafts to try it out-
I mean, so many ways to go about this that would not put the onus on the customer.

N Texas Widowmakers

PostFri May 31, 2019 10:12 pm

Sorry Debbie Downers the Friday live draft went off with no problems. Only positive results.

Salty

PostFri May 31, 2019 11:03 pm

N Texas Widowmakers wrote:Sorry Debbie Downers the Friday live draft went off with no problems. Only positive results.

I said it was about 50/50 - so not sure how that makes one a 'Debbie downer' -
given past incidences I believe that was a quite reasonable estimate-
but thank you for testing it for me :D

nomadbrad

PostSat Jun 01, 2019 2:03 pm

N Texas Widowmakers wrote:Sorry Debbie Downers the Friday live draft went off with no problems. Only positive results.

so if it was ONLY positive results then you must have picked in the TOP 4????....if so what was your 1st round pick?

STEVE F

PostSat Jun 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Yes, how about a link to the league?

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats