Barnstormers is BAAAAAAACK !!!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Chuck1234

Re: Barnstormers R.I.P. ?

PostThu Mar 21, 2019 10:54 am

Sounds like a good plan to me, anyways it will let you know if Hal or anyone else is interested in supporting a good tournament and the drive doesn't look to be that long. All you are looking for is an answer. Let us know...

Sincerely,
Delivery Boy...

mighty moose

Re: Barnstormers R.I.P. ?

PostTue Mar 26, 2019 3:21 pm

A general announcement will be coming soon.

mighty moose

Re: Barnstormers is BAAAAAAACK !!!

PostWed Mar 27, 2019 1:17 pm

The signup sheet comes next - still finalizing with SOM. Speaking of which, members of the board and myself have initiated contact with SOM and much quicker action from them on our tour business will take top priority, including investigating additional prizes and heavy modification on their live draft module to make it more Barnstormers friendly.

We will do a players cap choice for Event 1 - choose any cap from 60/80/100/140/200. Get your team in early because if your chosen cap is not popular or looks like it wont fill, you may be forced to move to another cap. 60 and 80 will use NO DH and 100/140/200 will use DH.

The other 5 events will each use the standard caps once. Higher caps will be pushed towards the end of the schedule to accomodate SOM's efforts in fine tuning the Live Draft App.

We will do signups for the tour for at least 3 weeks with an Event 1 first pitch of April 29.

Please add your name to the signup sheet. The Commish NEW e-mail address is sirmightymoose@comcast.net for alternative signup and questions.

Thanks for your patience. A late start is better than no start. - MM

mighty moose

PostWed Mar 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Also, SOM has completed the 2019 Main Page - located here https://365.strat-o-matic.com/tournament/34

You can see the dates and caps and any rules changes.

mighty moose

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 2:43 pm

SOM has confirmed the Windows Computer game as an additional 2019 prize for all those making the Finals league but not finishing 1st or 2nd.

Major upgrades to the SOM live draft app will also be made to make it more Dope like, including the 3 hour draft (now in testing) to also include the clock going off nights and weekends. Beyond that, more and better proxying and possibilities for e-mails going to everyone in a 3 hour draft. Also, stadiums added to the draft app as a draft choice. I will keep pushing for progress updates on these. This is also why I put the 140 and 200 events last, to give SOM more time for development.

Moose
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats