Barnstormers is BAAAAAAACK !!!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mighty moose

Barnstormers is BAAAAAAACK !!!

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 4:10 pm

I have notified SOM that I will not be setting up a Barnstormers 2019 - that doesnt mean that someone else cant step in and give it a shot but I have given them many reasons.

1. They promised long ago (talking years ago) to make modifications to the SOM live draft to enable a 3-hour clock not only for our Finals but for other events. Hasnt happened. Our finals draft was more challenging this year as Diamond Dope is becoming too slow for anyone to use.
2. Lack of any personalization to our communication. I ask them to do something for the tournament, it takes forever AND no one ever gives me a name. I have the same 365support@ e-mail that you have. I would expect that bringing SOM 160+ players to span over 6 events plus semi-finals and finals would be enough of a revenue generator that they would give us a LITTLE bit better treatment. Seems my e-mails go to the bottom of the queue.
3. I'm like many of us here that feel that the SOM site has been suffering from serious lack of customer service. The site goes down often and no communication or compensation gets back to the paying customers.

And well, most of the vets who were here from the beginning are gone - it's just time I mosey on out to pasture. I havent played in Barnstormers myself in over 2 years and I am hardly playing at all. It's just not fun anymore.

I thank you all who have participated, I enjoyed being involved in something that has lasted this long and has done so well over the years. I hope SOM can make some positive changes to this site to keep it afloat.

Mighty Moose
Last edited by mighty moose on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egvrich

Re: Barnstormers R.I.P. ?

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Sadly another one of the true All Time Greats appears to be hanging up his cleats.

Thanks for all you have done for the community all of these long years Moose. I never did play in Barnstormers, but have had the pleasure of playing against you in other leagues over the years. Class act all the way.

Rich

eveldrive

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Moose,
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication over the past 9 years. Through your organizational efforts you've made the Barnstormer's tournament a lot of fun to play in. Best of Luck!

mykeedee

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 8:34 pm

I've never played in the barnstormers tourney Moose, but played against your teams a few times. I know you will be missed by the few old timers who are still here.

Mike

Hack Wilson

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 8:57 pm

Dear Moose, this is very sad. I wish you would continue to play, you are very welcome in these parts. I understand what you say about SOM, but don't let the Barnstormers difficulties keep you from playing the game in a less administrative role. So, you're freed up of all that responsibility and perhaps can just enjoy playing a team now and then. Without the Barnstormers headaches. Hang in there, you are well respected for all you've done!

Cheers,
Hack

RiggoDrill

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 pm

A great competitor and contributor. Many thanks MM!

jet40

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 pm

Thanks for all you have done MM. I can understand you stepping away from Barnstormers but hope you continue to enter the odd league.

John

djmacb

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 1:23 am

Very unfortunate, but not surprising.

Thank you for your efforts Moose.

mrharryc

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 9:46 am

Kudos to you, Moose, for your extraordinary efforts in keeping the tournament alive and vibrant all these years.

That you have gotten such poor response given all that you've done can only be interpreted as colossal indifference to this community.

Enjoy those verdant pastures!

Lindonman

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 10:11 am

Sad news! I wish it wasn't true. But thanks so much for all of the time and effort you put into the Barnstormer tournaments. You are one of the giants of this SOM community. I wish you well. Check back with us once in awhile.

Jon (Lindonman)
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats