Versus RHP
Dihigo from 2B to LF
Delahanty from LF to 3B
Backman to 2B
Versus LHP
Dihigo from 2B to LF
Delahanty from LF to 3B
“Cab” Kolloway to 2B
Neither action was executed last night despite entering them way prior to deadline and the changes showing on my lineups page.
I did not make these changes to the primary lineup, only as backups.
I do not recall any difficulty with double switches in the past. Is this something new?

DGF102052

Re: Lineup Changes Not Executed

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 2:53 pm

contact support by email at

365support@strat-o-matic.com

STEVE F

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Do you have any backward lineups that were left vulnerable? Were your backups "stacked" correctly?

Maxie Minoso

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 4:38 pm

"Do you have any backward lineups that were left vulnerable?"
Don't use reverse lineups.
My guys faced two reverse starters (1R and 1L, lefty and righty) and one "normal". Line up results were the same all three games.

"Were your backups "stacked" correctly?"
Yes

Thought I'd check here before contacting Strats.

Maxie

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 6:38 pm

I had some similar issues a week or so ago and contacted support. The scene was from a mystery league team, and

Mota was injured in game 2 of the series, and is my normal CF. In my lineup v rights, I have Jackson moving from RF to CF, Stargell from 1B to RF and Willie Smith from the bench to 1B.

They said I had 1 move too many, and mine was similar to you in that I had 2 moves before I brought someone off bench. The exact response they gave me was

"Unfortunately the game can only handle one level of shift when adjusting the lineup. So Jackson can move to CF but then the backup player will be inserted into the lineup in RF. Here's an example below"

I used to do this all the time and this was first time I encountered a problem with it, which makes me think they tinkered with the code recently.

Badjam

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 1:40 am

On my team, when Willard Brown gets hurt, I want Josh Gibson to play in the outfield and have Rick Dempsey catch. I list Simmons to move to center, Gibson to play left and Dempsey catch. The computer ignores my settings and plays Sizemore instead. Please help.

SOM reply

Unfortunately the game cannot currently handle moving two players to a new position to account for a single injury. Here's an example below:

Sample depth chart
2B: Chase Utley (backup: Freddy Sanchez)
SS: Freddy Sanchez (backup: Bill Hall)

At the start of a game, if Utley were unavailable to play, the computer manager would try to insert his first backup, Sanchez, into the starting lineup at 2B. Since Sanchez is normally the starting SS, the computer would play his backup, Hall, at SS, so that Sanchez can slide over to play 2B.

At present, although the system is able to perform multiple, separate shifts in the same lineup, it can only handle one level of a given shift. In other words, using the above example, if Hall happened to also be in the starting lineup already (e.g. in CF), instead of moving Hall to SS, it would pull someone from the bench to replace Sanchez.

Maxie Minoso

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 8:06 pm

SOM reply

I received the exact same reply. This is a bummer because if I had known of these lineup limits I would have constructed my team differently.

Maxie

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostSat Feb 16, 2019 9:43 am

This move worked fine for me but thenthey instituted the platoon PH feature. I wonder if that set up and/or the new coding for the lineup pages led to the issue. The timing certainly seems right.

BC15NY

PostSat Feb 16, 2019 3:11 pm

At present, although the system is able to perform multiple, separate shifts in the same lineup, it can only handle one level of a given shift. In other words, using the above example, if Hall happened to also be in the starting lineup already (e.g. in CF), instead of moving Hall to SS, it would pull someone from the bench to replace Sanchez.

This has been out there via the "Lineup Depth Chart" link since I've been playing. I've never noticed this to work any differently, unless the back-ups are left blank, for HAL to shuffle things around for you.

Hack Wilson

PostSat Feb 16, 2019 8:27 pm

I had a strange defensive substitution for Tommy Davis the other night, when none was programmed. Mmmm....
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats