Anyone in a unlimited salary Friday live draft right now?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVE F

Anyone in a unlimited salary Friday live draft right now?

PostSun Jan 13, 2019 3:19 pm

If so, could you please share a link to your league. Its been awhile since I did one, and I might jump back in again before football bores the crap out of me any more!

thanks

N Texas Widowmakers

Re: Anyone in a unlimited salary Friday live draft right now

PostSun Jan 13, 2019 7:32 pm

Most of the Friday live drafts have been capped at 250 mil the past several months. Still leaves about 25 mil in excess salary.

Would you want a link to the draft results of the most recent Friday live draft?

Ric

STEVE F

PostSun Jan 13, 2019 10:22 pm

N Texas Widowmakers wrote:Most of the Friday live drafts have been capped at 250 mil the past several months. Still leaves about 25 mil in excess salary.

Would you want a link to the draft results of the most recent Friday live draft?

Ric

Ric
Yes please that would be great. thanks.
Separate question, Why cap it at $250m?

kab105

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Most of the live drafts are now capped to $250 to discourage managers from constantly adding and dropping players to improve each nights match ups. Also using injured players other seasons cards until original injury is over. At an unlimited cap league one can add and drop until the cows come home. Technically it is legal to make all those roster moves but many managers feel it is boarder line cheating and trying to game the game. Injuries are part of the game. Most managers feel one should except the injury and deal with it using the rest of your existing squad (draft accordingly).

Obviously, it is perfectly fine and accepted to add and drop players to improve your team but do so within reason.

STEVE F

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 5:42 pm

Can someone please post a link to a current league like this?
thanks.

N Texas Widowmakers

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Friday 1/11/19 live draft log:

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/dr ... lts/438926

Remaining salaries on this 250 mil draft range from 7 mil to 33 mil, leaving plenty of salary cap to change player cards due to injuries and match ups. IMO 225 mil caps or less greatly reduces the ability to exchange cards on a regular basis once the season starts.

STEVE F

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Thanks. I see your point , but the main reason I used to participate in these was to be able to make a lot of roster moves so as to get it out of my system so that I wouldn't be tempted to do it in my $80m leagues. ;)
Perhaps with time I've learned to be not quite so OCD about making moves. :o

N Texas Widowmakers

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 8:47 pm

STEVE F wrote:Thanks. I see your point , but the main reason I used to participate in these was to be able to make a lot of roster moves so as to get it out of my system so that I wouldn't be tempted to do it in my $80m leagues. ;)
Perhaps with time I've learned to be not quite so OCD about making moves. :o

In a 250 mil league you should be able to make all the moves that you want and or need to.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats