Football 365 sale

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

beavis

Re: Football 365 sale

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 3:49 pm

1 game in and I can already agree that the controls, though feature rich, don't do exactly what you'd expect.

I'm running a two TE offense and have two expensive TEs. I also have a FB who is TE eligible. In game one, HAL left one of my expensive TEs on the bench and attempted to throw, repeatedly, to the FB he had playing TE. Smooth move HAL -- zig when they zag.

Because of the lack of players in the pool, teams are also allowed to play over cap. So in a 140 mil cap, one guy has a 142 mil team. That's annoying.

Won my first game and had fun reading the box. Now I'm going to have fun by trying to get HAL to stop playing my FB at TE.

beavis

Re: Football 365 sale

PostSat Feb 02, 2019 9:47 am

It was a frustrating first season (as they should be, I suppose). My team started 2-2 but ended 4-12. I had a defense that gave up around 20 per game for the first 8, and about 40 per game for the last 8! I have no idea what happened except the likelihood that my opponents figured me out.

In all, it's a fun game, and I like that it's fast with meaningful daily adjustments. I do wish there were halftime adjustments, and it seems like QBs are woefully under-powered. The player pool is way too small.

So, long story short, this was definitely worth the $4,99 I paid. I just built a second team and am waiting for a league to fill. The game has a lot of potential if strat listens to its customers and grows the player pool, but, given my baseball experience, that may be a lot to ask.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats