Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH back to 4 teams again.

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

trowell1817

Re: Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH 3 teams down 9 to go!

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Good point, it may simply be based on seasons for the first tiebreaker, he doesn't mention PA's, AB's etc. - You may be right.

trowell1817

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Other things that we will want to understand in terms of the rules:

1) Do franchises retain exclusive rights to players that are their players (rights defined by having played more seasons for that team - does the player also need to be carded for your franchise?) beyond the draft and into waivers/free agency? I would assume that if a player ends up being drafted by a team, but another team holds rights to that player based on established rules, the drafting team must relinquish them?

2) Depending on the answer to the first question, could two teams later make a trade of players that they each hold rights to? I am going on the assumption that the players being traded have some service time with the receiving team.

I'm sure that there will be more questions, but these are the ones that I'm initially curious about.

anthony040409

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 12:07 am

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my first idea. When referring to "most seasons played for" in the rules I'm talking about the number of cards a player in question has in the all time greatest 8 set. Manny Ramirez has 2 cards from Cleveland and one for Boston so Cleveland gets him. Ted Williams has 4 four Boston but plays 2 for pre WW2 and 2 post Ww2 so since there is a tie the earliest roster gets him in such a case so pre Boston controls him. Also I'm doing my best to keep posted what teams are taken but if someone joins the league while I'm off line and I haven't had time to update what teams are taken and some posts here a a roster and team they want and choose that team. And they go to join the waiting list and find someone in the team waiting list I'm sorry but the team all ready on the season ready to start list keeps that roster.

Thank you

Anthony040409

trowell1817

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 8:11 am

anthony040409 wrote:When referring to "most seasons played for" in the rules I'm talking about the number of cards a player in question has in the all time greatest 8 set. Manny Ramirez has 2 cards from Cleveland and one for Boston so Cleveland gets him. Ted Williams has 4 four Boston but plays 2 for pre WW2 and 2 post Ww2 so since there is a tie the earliest roster gets him in such a case so pre Boston controls him.

Thank you

Anthony040409

Hi Anthony - no need to apologize - I got it now! I think this also answers my version of the "Any Card" question - has to be a card for the franchise you are using. It probably also answers Musial6's question about using any card for a player who crosses eras but all for the same team. I assume you only want the Williams "pre" cards used, his "post" cards are out of bounds. Anyhow, I have switched to Cubs-DB/Pre, Bos-Post/Exp - please note the change in this thread, but I'm in the league as that grouping. - Thanks! Tim

Musial6

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 12:00 pm

trowell1817 wrote:
anthony040409 wrote:When referring to "most seasons played for" in the rules I'm talking about the number of cards a player in question has in the all time greatest 8 set. Manny Ramirez has 2 cards from Cleveland and one for Boston so Cleveland gets him. Ted Williams has 4 four Boston but plays 2 for pre WW2 and 2 post Ww2 so since there is a tie the earliest roster gets him in such a case so pre Boston controls him.

Thank you

Anthony040409

Hi Anthony - no need to apologize - I got it now! I think this also answers my version of the "Any Card" question - has to be a card for the franchise you are using. It probably also answers Musial6's question about using any card for a player who crosses eras but all for the same team. I assume you only want the Williams "pre" cards used, his "post" cards are out of bounds. Anyhow, I have switched to Cubs-DB/Pre, Bos-Post/Exp - please note the change in this thread, but I'm in the league as that grouping. - Thanks! Tim

Well, I beg to differ but I do not think that answers my specific question about whether or not I can use Musial's better card. If you're going to have a high cap league like this of seemingly the best players, why not allow the best player's best card participate. Especially in a situation like this (first come, first serve) where the better squads are cherry-picked right off the top - why penalize even further the squads that are chosen down the line?

trowell1817

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Musial6 wrote:Well, I beg to differ but I do not think that answers my specific question about whether or not I can use Musial's better card. If you're going to have a high cap league like this of seemingly the best players, why not allow the best player's best card participate. Especially in a situation like this (first come, first serve) where the better squads are cherry-picked right off the top - why penalize even further the squads that are chosen down the line?

Yeah, and I definitely don't disagree with your logic and support it! This was merely interpretive on my part...and probably wrong. Anyhow, Commish will rule but consider this a vote in favor of your logic and premise. Honestly, I'd prefer if any card could be used for a player once you have the rights to him, regardless of franchise.

trowell1817

Re: UPDATED "Available Franchise" List

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Pre-Franchises: Dodgers, Braves, Reds, Tigers, Browns, Senators

Post/Exp Franchises: Orioles, Cubs, White Sox, Phillies, Pirates, Tigers

Exp Only Franchises: Angels, Rockies, Marlins, Astros, Royals, Brewers, Mets, A's (includes KC so it's kind of Post), Padres, Rays, Blue Jays

3 more teams needed.
Last edited by trowell1817 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrharryc

Re: Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH 8 teams down 4 to go!

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 9:52 pm

I selected Cleveland post and Detroit pre based on looking at an earlier post and didn't see that the Tribe post team was selected; my error!

Let me quickly make another selection.

Harry

mrharryc

Re: Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH 8 teams down 4 to go!

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 9:53 pm

I'll take the Cleveland pre and post war Giants, please!

MonkeyMaker

Re: Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH 5 teams left let's fill i

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Pittsburgh pre
Ny-SF post
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats