Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH back to 4 teams again.

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

anthony040409

Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH back to 4 teams again.

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 10:49 pm

Hello welcome to Dynamic Duo league. The idea is you take one trams dead ball and pre WW2 rosters and another teams post and expansion rosters and from this pool of players build your team. Now to handle players that played for more than one team or more than one roster. The team the player has played the most for gets the first chance to acquire them. If there is a tie between seasons played for or how many years a player has played on different rosters of the same team then first year played for gets first crack at them. Examples Barry Bonds will play for SF not Pittsburgh and Ted Abernathy will play for reds not KC and Ted Williams plays for Boston pre roster not post. He has 2 seasons with both roster but earliest season gets first dibs. Pick stadium from appropriate team and let's have fun. Also you cannot pick pre WW2 and post WW2 rosters from same team. Please read rules any issues will be handled at waivers. Add your pick below good luck. Sorry no negro league players or players who don't appear on regular team rosters like Lady Baldwin

Anthony040409

1. NYY PRE/ATL-Mil post
2.NyGiantspre/NYYpost
3.A' pre/Tribe post
4.Cleveland pre/Giants post
5.Cubs Db pre/Reds post exp
6.CHWpre/postRedbirds
7.Pittsburgh pre/Twins Senators post
8.Phi db pre/Houston exp
9.Detroit pre/Dodgers post
10.boston pre/Detroit post

Ok to clarify some legit rules questions. First No trades your four rosters are your pool of players to choose from all season choose well. 2nd when I was referring to time played with teams I was referring to number of season cards a player has in the all time greatest game. Ted Williams has four total seasons but has 2 pre WW2 and 2 post WW2 so the pre Boston time gets him all season period to use or not to use. Manny Ramirez has 3 season played but two where with Cleveland and one Boston so Cleveland gets him. And I'll try keep the list here
in the forum updated as much as possible.To avoid issues when you have decided on a possible team choices make a simple quick pick team and look in on the league in progress to verify the rosters in play haven't been taken and not yet updated in the forum cause I've been offline. Also post them here once you have chosen your team and know you have who you want The list of choices found in the leaguris the one I'm going by when I update the forum listing.
Last edited by anthony040409 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:38 am, edited 19 times in total.

Re: Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH

PostMon Nov 12, 2018 7:11 am

GIANTS PRE / YANKEES POST

Musial6

Re: Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH

PostMon Nov 12, 2018 3:28 pm

I'll take Cardinals Pre and Dodgers Post...
assuming if I have rights to Musial by your Williams example above, I can use any of his cards?

trowell1817

Re: Dynamic Duo Fun 175 million DH 3 teams down 9 to go!

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 12:23 pm

So has the "crossover" question that Musial6 asked been validated - one can use any card for a player, regardless of what roster he's from? I would assume he wants Pre-Stl Cards with Hornsby but use of the '48 Musial (and would clear up Williams, etc.)

trowell1817

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 12:36 pm

...and by the same token, ANY card would also mean that a guy's best card might be from a team other than the one that he qualifies for in this format. For example, Ellis Burks qualifies for the Red Sox based on years played/PA's, but his best card would be with Colorado. Could the Boston Post/Exp franchise use the Colorado card?

kaviksdad

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Changed my mind -
Last edited by kaviksdad on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrharryc

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 3:33 pm

I'll take the Tigers pre-war and the Indians post war.

Harry

P.S. If I understand the rules correctly, Manny Ramirez belongs to me, as he has eight seasons with both Tribe and Bosox but he played for Cleveland first, n'est ce pas?

trowell1817

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Cubs DB/Pre and Astros/Exp
Last edited by trowell1817 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trowell1817

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 pm

mrharryc wrote:I'll take the Tigers pre-war and the Indians post war.

Harry

P.S. If I understand the rules correctly, Manny Ramirez belongs to me, as he has eight seasons with both Tribe and Bosox but he played for Cleveland first, n'est ce pas?

My interpretation (and as read in the rules in this thread) is that it's the "team they played the most for" so in Manny's case it would be Boston, not Cleveland - he had more PA's in Boston.

mrharryc

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 5:54 pm

"If there is a tie between seasons played for or how many years a player has played on different rosters of the same team then first year played for gets first crack at them."

This is the sentence that I'm viewing as giving Manny to the Tribe, but the Commish might not have intended this or views it differently.

Harry
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats