NO LEADERSHIP @ S.O.M. HQ

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nomadbrad

NO LEADERSHIP @ S.O.M. HQ

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 7:14 pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.......there is NO LEADERSHIP @ HQ..........Hal Richman is now 82 years old and I'm sure has a lot more on his mind than growing the business any longer.......probably been the case for the past 5+ years.
Wouldn't surprise me if Garcia isn't now gone....Rosie is too much of a WUSS to give us a STATE of the UNION and WITHOUT leadership and VISION at HQ, the company is on it's last legs and will continue to get worse and worse until somebody with some cash steps in andbuys out the ON LINE side of the businees and improves, both products and service.

I know former major leaguers like Doug Glanville and Curt Schilling are BIG SOM fans, I know Dan's brother plays online here.......wouldn't be cool if a former major leaguer to step up and buy the on-line side of S.O.M. and give it a FACE-LIFT!

In fact, someone with a NAME could become the FACE of the franchise and bring thousands of New FRESH newbs to the site with their name recognition and enthusiasm for the product!.......wishful thinking on my part?.....probably.....but it's nice to fantasize :D

Until then, we are all WASTING time complaining about the state of affairs.......Mr. Richman is clearly M.I.A.

The Last Druid

Re: NO LEADERSHIP @ S.O.M. HQ

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 7:47 pm

I don't think Richman is MIA. This is just how he runs his company. He has always been tight-fisted (he undoubtedly sees himself as a hard-headed businessman) arrogant and paranoid. His father almost lived to 100 so he may be around for longer than some of us.

My take is that there is still leadership at SOM. It's just bad leadership that doesn't give a rat's ass about customers, only about "surviving" economically...always myopically focused on the bottom line.

emart

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 8:15 pm

Its been pretty obvious to me for several months now that they are letting the online baseball game die. The latest moves with fees, sales tax for NY residents, Garcia MIA, they simply aren't investing any time or attention to it. They only do what they must do to make the game run every night, and the next big crash I suspect they will just let it go. I thought they were actually going to let the boards die the other day when there was that login snafu.

Salty

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 8:48 pm

gents-
they've been doing minimal maintenance for a few years now-
but you are correct that in the past few months that has turned into essentially keeping the site running at best.

I wrote months ago that they are moving away from ATG and their interest is in trying to sell the daily games
baseball football and I suspect they might have basketball and hockey or college in the works at some point in the next year or so. Maybe.

anyway its been fun, the game will probably crawl on for some months longer until something breaks and they decide its not worth their dime to fix it.
IF we get really lucky some outside force would take it over and put some effort in- but not seeing that as likely.

STEVE F

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Here's the letter I just received from support:

Hi Steve,

We have refunded the $2 processing fee on all orders that were placed for 365 credits. This was in error with the launch of the new site.

Sincerely,
Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365
http://365.strat-o-matic.com

nomadbrad

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Thanks Steve for sharing some good news.......however, it goes to proving my point.

Good Leadership at HQ would NEVER have allowed such a BLATANT FUBAR of adding a $2 service charge......rather than being pro-active, they are in total re-active mode reacting to our whining and complaining.

Very sad that it took the threats of many valued veterans here on the boards to get HQ to respond.....however, there is still no DIRECTION.....no VISION and no LEADERSHIP at HQ in regards to the future of the online ATG baseball.

Salty

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 4:00 pm

what I wrote elsewhere as well:

If only the $2 processing fee was even half (really even a tenth of) the issue :( :( :(

Seriously--
this shows once again the lack of communication with the community as a whole.
why do some customers receive notice and not all?

Different day same issues.

geekor

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Well look at SOM football as a perfect example of the state of SOM.

Many (me extremely) were so excited about that coming back online. If it was done right, it could have been a big boon to their pockets. Instead, no feedback from the community before or after launch. A buggy game that doesn't even follow it's own rules, with no real defense, no half time changes allowed, etc. Poor execution in planning and launching the game.

Then when releasing a poor game, telling the users essentially, this is the game, we won't make changes. Well that just drives customers away.

That is the SOM model. With no Bernie (or even Garcia) to have a normal discourse with, then game falters and falls.

N Texas Widowmakers

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Today I noticed that my owner name has been changed from N Texas Widowmakers to n-texas-widowmakers. Anyone else notice unsolicited changes in their owner names? I contacted 365 support for resolution.

Salty

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 12:01 am

N Texas Widowmakers wrote:Today I noticed that my owner name has been changed from N Texas Widowmakers to n-texas-widowmakers. Anyone else notice unsolicited changes in their owner names? I contacted 365 support for resolution.

Please stay on the line,
Your call is very important to us, due to no volume of calling this may take a while.
You are the first caller in line.
Your average wait time is approximately__________ 3 days.
Please stay on the line.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats