New site launch??

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Salty

Re: New site launch??

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 am

At what point would you folks who are satisfied care about how far things have deteriorated here.
Or does that not matter at all?

jet40

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 10:22 am

I have never had an issue. The few problems I have had over the years were quickly resolved after a quick email. But that's me.
I feel the game of 2018 is much better then the game when I first started. Lots of features have been added to the game. Maybe my memory is bad but has the cost of strat gone up to match inflation in the last dozen or so years? I thought I was paying roughly the same 12 years ago for a team. I for one, am not going to be overly concerned about a $2 processing fee. Maybe I will skip the drive thru for my morning coffee.
If we want better service be prepared for higher costs, that is simple economics.

STEVE F

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 10:28 am

tony best wrote:My perspective a bit different from what is being said. :( I find that $20 (now $22) is not too much to pay for the challenge of putting together a team and joining a league.Then 54 days of following that team for good or bad. I tried an experiment. I decided to put $20 in a bag every time I started a new team. I now have $180 dollars in that bag. 9 teams so far. Now, what could I have bought for that $180 that would have brought me more enjoyment than those 9 teams.About 7 meals out with the wife, a couple nights at an inexspensive motel,some war games,-we each have different things to put in the blank but honestly the Strat teams win out for me.I would hope that the great players who are protesting would reconsider,

What I'd like to know is where I can get 7 meals with the wife for $180?

george barnard

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 10:35 am

How is taking away a preferred method of payment better service? How is poorer communication better service? How is not taking into account perfectly good ideas from the community (even if only to pay them lip service) better service?

jet40

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 10:48 am

I admit that Strat provided better service in the past. However the Strat of 2018 is a better product.

Salty

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 11:03 am

jet40 wrote:I admit that Strat provided better service in the past. However the Strat of 2018 is a better product.

In what way?
We are discussing the online game only here.

First of all, your premise that a better product costs more is entirely flawed -- the opposite is true however- if a product does not continue to improve its likely not going to survive.

Im open to hearing things that are true-- but not so happy when its not.

Also can you start being my customer? Id like someone who doesn't care about what level of service I provide on gigs- doesn't care if I show up late, break promises and is entirely pleased when I ignore them because in fact I DO PROVIDE EXCELLENT ENTERTAINMENT-- that's no joke. But I suspect that if I did these things, Id never ever ever ever get a call back from the same client.

Ducky

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 am

Three days have gone by since I sent my e-mail to Strat about the fact that I cannot buy credits due to an error message on their site. My credit cards are not the issue. Still no response. I guess they must have a way to make money without customers. I have been around for a long time. Way before Strat when it was run by Sporting News. The lack of response to inquiries is the wrong way to run any business. I will give them another day, but if no response, I am gone. Hard to play when you cannot purchase the product.

jet40

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 11:31 am

Salty wrote:
jet40 wrote:I admit that Strat provided better service in the past. However the Strat of 2018 is a better product.

In what way?

Yes I am saying the online game of today offers a better product. As players we have a lot more options.

Salty

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 12:14 pm

jet40 wrote:
Salty wrote:

In what way?

Yes I am saying the online game of today offers a better product. As players we have a lot more options.

What options do we have that are important to playing the game itself that we didn't have when it moved here?
What are you seeing that im not seeing?
Sincerely hoping you aren't counting a couple of cards or cosmetics.

jet40

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Salty,

Yes, I am counting cards and cosmetics.
I will give you an example: I entered my first Barnstormers this year. I was reluctant in the past because I felt 140 mill and 200 mill were a crap shoot (which might be unfair on my part). My 200 million draft was a disaster. I got 3 of my hitters, Lajoie, Mauer and Torriente. I was fortunate that the computer gave me Cobb when I missed out on Speaker. Pitching wise I got 2 starters and 2 relievers I listed on my draft card. Pedro, Tiant, Dotel and Nathan. That was a total of 7 players. I thought I was dead in the water. But due to the expanding player pool I put a team together that was competitive, eventually winning the World Series. I firmly believe that was not possible a few years ago.
I am not debating customer support or lack of. I agree it is lacking.
But the actual game we are playing has gotten better over the years.
So all things considered I am willing to pay Strat's current rate for a couple of months enjoyment. Others may not.

On a side note I purchased a new truck in 2010. I am leaving later this afternoon to look at another new one as my ride has seen better days. The same truck, with the same motor and options is over 35% more expensive.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats