New site launch??

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

The Last Druid

New site launch??

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 5:40 pm

So evidently there will be a new site launched here tomorrow, per the countdown clock one now encounters when one logs on to Strat-365.

Naturally this has been preceded by some sort of notice to our community so we know what to expect. No doubt there will be numerous upgrades to the game engine that will accompany this grand gala event. Rumor has it that ATG 9 will be announced with a wholesale revision of player salaries. :!:

Umm, NOT. Not even a whisper from SOM. :roll: :x

Guess we'll just have to wait for the GRAND SURPRISE tomorrow when we probably will lose all access to our teams and credits.

I've learned the hard way to expect nothing good from this company but they do have a certain knack for transcending their own ineptitude. That I do expect, in some form or other, with tomorrow's new site launch!!

rburgh

Re: New site launch??

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Umm, Bruce, I suspect this is a new site for their product sales. It's about time, too, since they have had that site for at least 10 years. They have to get rid of all the flash-based apps, since flash player is going away soon.

Salty

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 10:56 pm

rburgh wrote:Umm, Bruce, I suspect this is a new site for their product sales. It's about time, too, since they have had that site for at least 10 years. They have to get rid of all the flash-based apps, since flash player is going away soon.

how would anyone know what it is?'
they haven't told us anything in months now.

bcousy57

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 2:05 pm

Looks like the update might affect our teams. I'm sure you've all seen this banner message by now:
Attention: all Strat-O-Matic 365 managers

Starting tonight (Wed. night/Thurs. morning) at around 2am ET, the main site at Strat-O-Matic.com will be taken down to prepare for the launch of its big redesign, and it will come up some time during the day on Thursday when it is ready. While we can't guarantee it, we will be planning on keeping Strat-O-Matic 365 up for most of the maintenance time, but you must have logged in before it starts in order to play. If you're logged in now, you should be ok. You will not be able to log in while the main site is down.

Please plan accordingly in the case where we need to take Strat-O-Matic 365 down
for an extended portion of the main site's downtime.

Does "plan accordingly" mean to build out your rotations and lineups for several series in advance? I've got a bad feeling, sarge. :?

visick

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 2:46 pm

"Plan accordingly" means...

or...

Kiss your credits goodbye

nomadbrad

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 7:03 pm

plan accordingly means........NO WAIVERS tomorrow and waivers scheduled for 5pm Thu Nov 1 will be pushed back to 5pm Fri Nov 2......site will be down all day Thursday and come back up around 7pm eastern tomorrow.

Bruce is right, this is just a GIMIICK to make the website more FLASHY.....nothing that affects the game engine will happen.......that won't happen until SOM is sold to somebody that cares about the WEBSITE product.......current ownership/staff is on life support.....LITERALLY.

lanier64

PostFri Nov 02, 2018 9:23 pm

I was able to sign in and post this comment but I had to take a circuitous route to get here. I figured there would be issues with new site launch and at least my credits and my CD ROM roster download codes survived. I'm sure you've all seen this message: "Note: We're aware of the issue logging into the forums and we're working on it." But how long has this message been up about fielding statistics? Four or five years?

"Simulated Fielding Stats

(This pitchers section is under construction; pardon our dust while we figure out the best to present the relatively few fielding stats we have for pitchers...)

So I don't have a lot of confidence that they are really working on it. Why can't this damn company just do things correctly?

george barnard

PostSat Nov 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Can no longer pay by Paypal?? $2.00 processing fee??!!

Ducky

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 12:02 am

Can no longer pay with credit cards. At least not on Saturday. Wonder what Sunday will bring.

chunga1

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 6:46 am

no launch sale and a 2 dollar fee. way to go strat……………. oh, no paypal too
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats