per game starters not updating

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chris.sied@yahoo.com

per game starters not updating

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Is anyone else having a problem today with the per game starters not updating. I have some teams with 6 and 7 starting pitchers that I mix and match, and utilize per game starters. I update those starters early every morning (I am up before 5 am most days and have my pitchers set by 6) but for some reason today the front page is showing the starters as they were when I went to bed last night. This has happened across ATG, 2XXX and mystery teams. I have gone and resaved the per game starters as well as fiddling with my default rotations to try to fix it, all to no avail. My biggest worry is I am currently showing a .53 million starter in game 5 of a championship series after I used the next days rotation spot to try to bury him deep in the pen. I hope I dont get stuck with him going.

bcousy57

Re: per game starters not updating

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 8:28 pm

I am having the same problem.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 8:42 pm

I finally got them all fixed. I cleared my per game starters, then I reentered them all. In addition, I juggled my default rotations around so that I had tonight's 3 starters in the first 3 spots in the rotation. it appears that all my teams have finally reset to the correct pitchers, a mere 15 hours after originally setting them.

bcousy57

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 8:46 pm

I was just able to fix it, too, but only by switching my default rotation to match my per game starters. Weird.

The Last Druid

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 pm

No problem with me, I don't use default rotations.

bcousy57

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 10:14 pm

I find that if I have a low-budget staff of 6 or 7 starter/relievers and I want to set per-game starters (only for the upcoming series), it helps to have a default rotation that includes low-budget starter/relievers that aren’t included in my per game starters. I have found that Hal seems disinclined to use those default starters in relief (I guess he is saving them for the next series), which forces him to stick with my better relievers.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 4:24 am

Yes, I have noticed this too. HAL seems to look ahead to the next series, so putting any starter/relievers you want HAL to using in as the next days starters either through the per game starters or as the top 3 in your default rotation will leave them on the bench unless you burn through the entire rest of the pen.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats