Strat, you've gotta fix this

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

rburgh

Strat, you've gotta fix this

PostWed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 pm

I was scrolling through the cards in one of my leagues, and saw the following:

The bar chart for Goose Goslin's $9+ million card does not include the home runs hiding behind the # signs, nor does it include the singles hiding behind the > signs. This is correct, as the results behind the # and > signs are irrelevant to our game.

Most of the other cards DO include those "hidden" HR's and SI's. This is wrong anyway, and when some of the cards do count that information and others don't, you are confusing your customers.

edwardneal63

Re: Strat, you've gotta fix this

PostWed Sep 19, 2018 11:31 pm

Sounds like something is definitely wrong.

Garcia's blog some time ago mentioned trying to include to some degree the #s and >s.

"Garcia's Blog 6/23/16- Bar Charts
PostThu Jun 23, 2016 11:12 pm

Hey guys,

This will be a very quick update today as I'm away this week but as of this afternoon we have improved the bar charts on every player card to more accurately reflect ballpark chances.

Previously any reading with a ballpark chance was just ignored. This was causing some players to show on-base and power numbers to be extremely low compared to their actual value.

Now, the bar charts will count the reading that will be replaced by the ballpark chance. For example, on Mickey Mantle's 1956 card (shown here), 2-8 and 2-10 vs LHP will now count as HR 1-8. This adds 3.2 more HR chances to that side of the card.

While this is still not entirely accurate, we feel this is a much better representation of the player rather than just ignoring those readings entirely and counting them as outs.

Any questions please let us know at 365support@strat-o-matic.com. I will have a much more robust blog next week. Talk to everyone then!

-John"

supertyphoon

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 1:09 am

I will have a much more robust blog next week
:lol:

rburgh

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Counting them all at a factor of .8 is ideal. Right now, they're just drilling down to the stuff on the card, which really is misleading for Rockies' hitters, among others.

ScumbyJr

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 10:27 am

A more pressing need -For the past 2 days the 70's set just shows bar graphs not the cards.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats