Experience playing 'Rookie Leagues?' Admit your shame

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Hack Wilson

Experience playing 'Rookie Leagues?' Admit your shame

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Never played them, don't like the idea of Russian bots, let alone SOM bots....so, wondering how people have fared? Wondering who will fess up? How are the SOM bots doing? Winning titles? I challenge you to offer us your experience. 8-)

Unfortunately, Rookie Leagues are the most prevalent. Seems like SOM is losing participation big time. That goes without saying.
Last edited by Hack Wilson on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hack Wilson

Re: Experience playing 'Rookie Leagues?' Admit your shame :)

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 pm

As I thought, no one admits their 'double life,' ha ha. C'mon, it feels refreshing to come clean. 8-)

tdkearns

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 pm

I did one recently. I like to play the 60s and there Are not so many 60s leagues. Some bots did pretty good. Others were terrible. But on a day to day basis, not that much different form the non- rookie leagues I’ve been in.

Hack Wilson

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Thank you for acknowledging. You are a good trooper :)

sebastian

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Have considered it a few times just for the reason the regular leagues take forever to fill now days but have yet to try them. As you say Hack, participation is way down

wavygravy2k

Re: Experience playing 'Rookie Leagues?' Admit your shame

PostFri Sep 14, 2018 11:25 am

They need to get rid of Rookie leagues so those players participate in regular leagues that will actually fill up.

Hack Wilson

PostFri Sep 14, 2018 9:10 pm

It's pathetic that they're actually running robo (Rookie) leagues. Just shows their customers are severely dwindling. Sad!

hollywood

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 5:18 am

Shame Is the right word. I just finished the regular season in one last night, and my team was the only one managed by humans with a winning record. As a result, the playoffs will consist of mine and three Russian bots. The only reason I did OK was I copied a team that won over 100 games in my first standard league that I felt was ideally suited to its home field. Otherwise on my own, maybe just maybe all the playoff teams are non-human. Shameful is a good word for it IMO. Put the rookies in a standard league, learn how to win even if it means ripping off another teams roster. I mean there is a lot of pressure to win, how embarrassing to be swept by a team without anyone actively managing it?

tdkearns

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 10:59 pm

hollywood wrote:Shame Is the right word. I just finished the regular season in one last night, and my team was the only one managed by humans with a winning record. As a result, the playoffs will consist of mine and three Russian bots. The only reason I did OK was I copied a team that won over 100 games in my first standard league that I felt was ideally suited to its home field. Otherwise on my own, maybe just maybe all the playoff teams are non-human. Shameful is a good word for it IMO. Put the rookies in a standard league, learn how to win even if it means ripping off another teams roster. I mean there is a lot of pressure to win, how embarrassing to be swept by a team without anyone actively managing it?

I’ve only been in a couple of rookie leagues but my experience is different. No bot team made the playoffs. Maybe because the rookie leagues I’ve been in are mystery leagues which take a lot of work to refine the roster during the season.

Hack Wilson

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Thanks for all coming out of the closet. Your experiences are interesting in their own right. That said, I refuse to play Rookie Leagues, but I admire your honesty. Whatever floats your boat, laissez-faire. 8-) :ugeek:
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats