Live Draft Crashed--Refunds Requested

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

dilgreene13

Live Draft Crashed--Refunds Requested

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 9:31 pm

The $150 Million live draft crashed right as it was beginning, with several teams (mine included), seeing the clock stuck on 00, player data not loading, basically nothing working. By the time everyone got back in and I was able to rewind, chat crashed. It seemed unfair to try to start again, especially with no confidence it wouldn't crash again, so draft is officially canceled, and I'm requesting credit refunds for all the teams. My fellow league managers may also want to bug Strat.

--David
Last edited by dilgreene13 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlt53

Re: LIVE DRAFT CRASH—Me or Strat?

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Same for me. The draft site is totally screwed up.

STEVE F

Re: LIVE DRAFT CRASH—Me or Strat?

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Entire site buggy. Hamster fell off the wheel again.

N Texas Widowmakers

Re: Live Draft Crashed--Refunds Requested

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 10:33 pm

I don't know if this had anything to do with our problem but there was another live draft scheduled for the same time tonight. I wonder if they had problems?

We need to send support an e mail advising them of the problem and requesting at least one credit for entering a league that did not operate properly after the first round. Besides I noticed that only six of our twelve managers were able to enter the draft.

Ric

dilgreene13

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 10:39 pm

I e-mailed support, explained what happened in detail, and requested credit refunds for all 12 managers—would probalby help if each team e-mailed individually, as well.

cvjs91184

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 10:56 pm

Yes. The $250 Million Live Draft crashed as well just as it started and did not clear up until about 40 minutes in.

The Last Druid

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 pm

I was NEVER able to load a team despite trying on three search engine. I tried for 45 minutes and could not load a team. If the draft had gone off without me, that would have been it for me. I was totally prepared to walk away from the game tonight and forever as a matter of principle.

This is the worst customer service company I have ever encountered and that says a lot. They don't give a rat's ass about their customer's experience here or whether their primitive game even works at all. I could devise a far better cerebral baseball simulation myself, and when I retire in the next few years I may do just that. Might even hire Bernie Hou to write the code.

STEVE F

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 am

I think Hal cares, I think they just lack computer skills

jsstowell

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 10:53 am

The Georgia Flame Throwers sent a note to customer service last night too. I partially understand the technical issues; happens in my business job too. With that said, it's 10:49 AM on the Saturday after the draft, and for a company (Strat) that runs a 24-7 business there has not been a moderator update on this forum. Further, there have been any known responses to the email requests for help.

That is poor customer service. They have a loyal, partially addicted, user base and they service them in a lackluster fashion. That's poor leadership on the part of the ownership. Get it in gear! Solve the problem and communicate to your customer base! You do want us to spend more money on the game, right?!?

Palmtana

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 11:19 am

jsstowell wrote:.....there has not been a moderator update on this forum.

My sole role as moderator is to delete spam. I'm not a SOM employee.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats