Garcia's Blog 7/20/18

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Chuck1234

Re: Garcia's Blog 7/20/18

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 11:05 pm

It's not the passing of a valuable employee that I post 'Garcia's Blog' who 'wore many hats and a pleasant employee to deal with' who passed away. My condolences and my actions were certainly not in disrespect to the employee. It's the lack of response which has happened before. The first 2 Garcia's posts I did were way back in April-May 2014. Poor taste? On the surface it would seem so, others know me better than that but I can see your point. A post from SOM would have sufficed whether good or bad. Once again, let people know things.

Sincerely,
Delivery Boy...

The Last Druid

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Delivery Boy,

Remember, I said "inadvertently." You don't need to explain yourself in the least. I don't blame you at all, never entered my mind that you even knew about the guy dying. Fact is I agree with you completely. SOM's behavior is unconscionable IMHO. Anyway, keep those sarcastic blog posts coming, I enjoy them! It was just unfortunate that the one nice person that worked for Richman dies and several days later SOM posts the ad which you then unknowingly cited.

Never heard of a tiny company like SOM demanding a certain GPA as a prerequisite for a part time jack of all trades job. Richman is some piece of work. And he is ultimately responsible for Garcia's behavior as the puppeteer pulling the strings of the guy with the ever lengthening nose.

Chuck1234

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 9:29 am

I saw you wrote "inadvertently", but needed to address that anyways. Glad you like the posts, Mrs Delivery Boy says I have a dry sense of humor and have a bad habit of mixing facts with the truth. My parents also complained 'who the hell died and left you KING!!!'...

Sincerely,
The opinionated,
Delivery Boy...

More blogs to come...

DOHowser1

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 10:10 am

I did apply for the job opening, but the receptionist, a lovely lady named Mrs. Murray, advised me that the position had been filled by her husband Dale.

djmacb

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 1:28 pm

DOHowser1 wrote:I did apply for the job opening, but the receptionist, a lovely lady named Mrs. Murray, advised me that the position had been filled by her husband Dale.

Makes perfect sense. He will be over used and is undervalued.

egvrich

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 2:13 pm

The Last Druid wrote:Delivery Boy,

Remember, I said "inadvertently." You don't need to explain yourself in the least. I don't blame you at all, never entered my mind that you even knew about the guy dying. Fact is I agree with you completely. SOM's behavior is unconscionable IMHO. Anyway, keep those sarcastic blog posts coming, I enjoy them! It was just unfortunate that the one nice person that worked for Richman dies and several days later SOM posts the ad which you then unknowingly cited.

Never heard of a tiny company like SOM demanding a certain GPA as a prerequisite for a part time jack of all trades job. Richman is some piece of work. And he is ultimately responsible for Garcia's behavior as the puppeteer pulling the strings of the guy with the ever lengthening nose.

Petro,

Do you happen to know the name of the person who passed? Was it James Williams? Didn't make the trip from Illinois ever, but had occasion to call and he was always very helpful at least to me, so I'm wondering if that's who it was.

Salty

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Chuck1234 wrote:
More blogs to come...

Im guessing these will be the only upcomign blogs we will see, other than an occasional passing mention of things like football 365.

The Last Druid

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Rich, pretty sure it was James Williams. Just not sure where I read about it, so can't verify but that does sound right.

Googled it and found this:
It is with great sadness that I must report to the Strat-O-Matic Community the sudden death of former employee, James Williams, at age 71.

James, an employee of Strat-O-Matic for approximately 45 years, was a cornerstone, founding member of the Strat-O-Matic “family”. He was well liked and respected by company employees and customers alike. Customers knew him as the Strat-O-Matic football expert and the go-to-go guy for our basketball game. James joined the company in the late 1960’s beginning as a shipping clerk, eventually advancing to an executive position and most important, researching and updating our sports game line. Upon retirement, he continued in a consulting capacity regarding the basketball game.

Perhaps his most unusual Strat-O-Matic moment came at the 1981 “mock” Strat-O-Matic all star game which occurred during the famous 80 day players’ strike. James, representing Strat-O-Matic, dressed in an umpire’s uniform, officiated at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio in which Strat-O-Matic Baseball replaced the canceled American-National League all star encounter.

James as an individual was a man of extraordinary qualities. He was brought up in modest circumstances in Anderson, South Carolina by his grandmother. His mother Pauline, a Strat-O-Matic employee, living in New York City, worked three jobs in order to provide him with a college education. James graduated from Johnson C. Smith and came to work at Strat-O-Matic in the late 1960’s. He was gracious, gentle (never uttered a curse word), calm, responsible, stable and disciplined. When problems occurred at Strat-O-Matic, his stability prevailed. James was unflappable. His integrity was impeccable.

Over the years, James and I became very close, almost like brothers. I shall miss James greatly. And for his family, his wife Emma, sons Kevin and Corey and grandchildren, the loss is catastrophic. The family has lost a loving man, a loyal man and a man who provided a good life for all.

We will never stop missing you James.

Hal Richman , CEO

Strat-O-Matic Media

The Last Druid

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Of course the site crashed as I was trying to post the above. Been happening more and more lately. Probably caused by more than one person using the website at the same time. :roll:

BDWard

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Bruce: Thanks for posting Hal Richman's comments about James Williams. What a wonderful tribute from Hal.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats