Garcia's Blog 7/20/18

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

egvrich

Re: Garcia's Blog 7/20/18

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 3:43 pm

Petro,

Sorry to hear that it was him, like I said, he was a class act every single time I spoke to him. The most helpful person from my personal experiences dealing with Strat. A great loss to the company and community.

Anecdote: I always remembered his name because in our football league he came to be known as Big Cat, a reference to former Chicago Bears offensive tackle James Williams.

Thanks,

Rich

P.S. - Some really nice comments about him from HAL. Which further echo what I had personally experienced.

Salty

Re: Garcia's Blog 7/20/18

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 4:36 pm

UGH-- this makes me sad. Wish they had put him in charge of the online game- seems like things would've been a lot better.

"James as an individual was a man of extraordinary qualities. He was brought up in modest circumstances in Anderson, South Carolina by his grandmother. His mother Pauline, a Strat-O-Matic employee, living in New York City, worked three jobs in order to provide him with a college education. James graduated from Johnson C. Smith and came to work at Strat-O-Matic in the late 1960’s. He was gracious, gentle (never uttered a curse word), calm, responsible, stable and disciplined. When problems occurred at Strat-O-Matic, his stability prevailed. James was unflappable. His integrity was impeccable."
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats