Another Legendary Dale Murray Season

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

crackerjaxon

Re: Another Legendary Dale Murray Season

PostFri May 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Super relievers cheapen the game and make it a joke. This is supposed to be a baseball simulation, not a contest based on learning to game the program.

STEVE F

PostFri May 18, 2018 4:47 pm

crackerjaxon wrote:Super relievers cheapen the game and make it a joke. This is supposed to be a baseball simulation, not a contest based on learning to game the program.

Disagree. Most Strat players aren't looking for an exact simulation. Even dice and card tournaments are about "gaming the game"

egvrich

PostFri May 18, 2018 5:44 pm

For shits and grins I just started a DH league 80 Million. The name of the league is NO RELIEF PITCHER ABOVE AN R2. There is no limit to the price of your pitchers, but they cannot have a relief rating of an R3 or higher and that includes starting pitchers.

Let's see how this affects things.

I'll also probably start another league which limits pitchers prices to perhaps $3 million or less to see how that works.

jet40

PostSat May 19, 2018 6:25 am

A few months ago I had decided it was time for me and start to part ways. Strat's unwillingness to address the problem of the 'super reliever' problem being the main reason.
But I had also promised a friend I would join Barnstormers for the first time.
When that commitment is up I will either step away all together or limit myself to leagues where us customers put in regulations to limit an obvious flaw.

John
Last edited by jet40 on Sat May 19, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

DARRELLPICKELL

PostSat May 19, 2018 6:46 am

So lets look at this another way.... I can spend over 10 million dollars for a starting pitcher that could never get close to
400 innings pitched. But Murray, he can toss over 400 innings easy. At a lot less cost. I rarely play in leagues that use the
DH. I figure the pitchers having to hit cuts Murray's innings down. It is sad to think that Murray is more valuable then Walter Johnson or Sandy Koufax.

egvrich

PostSat May 19, 2018 7:29 am

DARRELLPICKELL wrote:It is sad to think that Murray is more valuable then Walter Johnson or Sandy Koufax.

To be clear ... If used as a Super Reliever ... Murray is the most valuable pitcher in the entire card set for under 6 million bucks.

BC15NY

PostSat May 19, 2018 8:07 am

egvrich wrote:
DARRELLPICKELL wrote:It is sad to think that Murray is more valuable then Walter Johnson or Sandy Koufax.

To be clear ... If used as a Super Reliever ... Murray is the most valuable pitcher in the entire card set for under 6 million bucks.

Depends on what cap you are playing at. At 60 or 80, especially in a DH league that may be the case. At 140 I'll take Johnson and Koufax any time. Murray is an afterthought above 100 and a non-factor at 200m.

egvrich

PostSat May 19, 2018 9:36 am

BC15NY wrote:
egvrich wrote:

Depends on what cap you are playing at. At 60 or 80, especially in a DH league that may be the case. At 140 I'll take Johnson and Koufax any time. Murray is an afterthought above 100 and a non-factor at 200m.

Sorry, I was speaking strictly from an 80 mill cap perspective.

bkeat23

PostSun May 20, 2018 7:09 pm

I'd rather see Strat provide separate check boxes for stealing of 2nd, 3rd, and home. That's an easier fix, and can't be worked around with restrictions in the league rules.

RiggoDrill

PostSun May 20, 2018 8:00 pm

For those of us who feel that SOM is long-overdue in applying a fix to this (pretty obvious) loophole, I think the only way to get results would be emailing to SOM support (365support@strat-o-matic.com). :idea:

People have been arguing about this on the boards for 15 years now and SOM has done nothing. However, enough of an outcry to Customer Service might generate some attention.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats