Mini xxxx Money League!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mjruth

Mini xxxx Money League!

PostSat May 05, 2018 11:17 pm

Wondering if there is interest in a 12 man mini Barnstormer League?

As in Barnstormers we want to play 6 leagues count top 5 however they are more strategic caps:
60 Mil DH and No DH
80 Mil DH and No DH
100 Mil DH and no DH

Stadium groupings will still be used.

Jockeying for position from 1-12 will be extremely important. Point system same as Barnstormers!
The reason that you play hard from start to finish is you want to finish as high as possible in the standings because it determines your draft position in the Championship round. Everyone makes the playoffs however the Live Draft at the end of the season will have a twist!
If you finish 1st overall you will draft first in every round, you finish 12th you are picking 12th each round and same for every draft position. Finishing first will give you a clear advantage but even if you finish dead last in the season you still have a chance. Imagine the pride you would feel finishing 7th overall and drafting 7th every round yet you win it all! Could happen! Draft 16 Rounds and include Stadiums!
I would like it to be a money league as it would ensure that the interest remains all season provided that this is not illegal. Not sure if this is a bone of contention with Strat or not but I am sure someone will let me know Lol.
Prizes would be as follows:
Finish first overall during 6 rounds you win $200
Win the Championship and you get $400 Win both and $600 is yours!

Super Reliever will not be allowed in this tournament as Dale Murray pitching 400+ innings is just ludicrous. Either we will cap the salaries or cap the innings pitched if people insist on $4M+ relievers.

So we are looking for 9 more competitive people who may be interested in this. I realize it's quite a commitment especially since we are already in Barnstormers but it was an idea that sounded like a blast.
If the money thing is allowed I will get players to email transfer me the funds and I will transfer the winners at seasons end. If you don't trust me don't join Lol. However I own my own business and you can contact me on Facebook under Elsewhere Gaming & Hobbies in Canada!

Any questions or comments please feel free to respond, thank you for having a look!

Players already in:
mjruth
Dr Biocide
Jet40
Last edited by mjruth on Wed May 09, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

mighty moose

Re: Mini xxxx Money League!

PostSun May 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Not endorsed by the Official Barnstormers Tour, and I would suggest that you edit out any mention of that.

I don't think you can do this due to some states where online gambling in this manner is illegal. Back when SOM was TSN and the online game first started, the prize was a check. However, when they took your money, in the fine print was all this stuff that you couldn't actually receive the check in you live in XX states and had to settle for credits only.

Your best bet would be that if people are really interested to contact you in PM. Good Luck actually getting 12.

mjruth

Re: Mini xxxx Money League!

PostWed May 09, 2018 9:14 am

Ok Thanks Moose!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats