Exp era Franchise League, $80 mil, no DH

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tplatypi

Exp era Franchise League, $80 mil, no DH

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Looking to start a new expansion era Franchise League, $80 mil, no DH. Once the league fills, I will set up a private league with a password that will be posted here.

Rules are simple:
-choose any Exp era Franchise EXCEPT ARI, COL, FLA, or TB (or except one previously selected in the list below)
- you must draft only from your teams -exp player set
- you must name your team for the city of your team, and if you choose a team that has another team in the same city (New York for instance), your team name must make it clear if you are the Mets or Yankees.
- you can use any stadium, but are encouraged to choose a stadium appropriate for your team
- after the draft, during waivers and for the remainder of the season, players from ARI-exp, COL-exp, FLA-exp, and TB-exp are free agents, and may be selected by any team.
- trades are allowed

NOTES:
-Your team can only have CARDS from YOUR expansion era team, or from one of the four free agent franchises (except via trades)
For example, Ted Simmons has both St. Louis and Milwaukee expansion era cards. A St. Louis team can only have his St. Louis cards.
- because of the above, you are not guaranteed to get all the players in your -exp era set. If you are STL and someone else is MIL, you are competing for Ted Simmons during the draft and only one team can have him. Thus, draft order does matter.
- also because of the above, it is possible that during the draft you may get a player that is not in your exp team set (because your choice was selected by someone else). You must drop any such players prior to the start of the season.
Last edited by tplatypi on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

tplatypi

Re: Exp era Franchise League, $80 mil, no DH

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 11:13 pm

1. Kansas City Royales (tplatypi)

BC15NY

PostWed Apr 04, 2018 8:49 am

2. New York Yankees (BC15NY)

Musial6

PostWed Apr 04, 2018 9:59 am

2. New York Yankees (BC15NY)
3. Montreal Expos/Nats (Musial6)

tplatypi

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 10:14 am

This isn’t filling up very fast, so I am going to create the league next week as a public league. Check back here about 4/17. I will probably create the league on 4/18.

visick

PostSun Apr 15, 2018 11:33 am

My 2 shiny pennies...

Theme/franchise/special leagues will fill faster if you randomize the draft order.

First come, first serve usually doesn't work well. You need to give ALL managers a chance at the "top" teams.

visick

tplatypi

PostThu Apr 19, 2018 9:56 am

I am setting this up as a public league this (Thursday) morning. Please come on over and join.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats