Forgotten Franchises 3 more to load

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Verbal Warrior

Re: Forgotten Franchises 3 more to load

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 4:05 am

This sounds great! But I'm a bit confused. Franchises are going to be chosen by a random draft order so I could be stuck with a franchise I don't want?

I want the Padres. Anyone else want the Padres? I'm in if I can have the Pads :D

LMBombers

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 6:46 am

The random draft order does not assign teams to owners it simply randomizes the order in which an owner can draft any of the franchises he wants. You probably have a good chance to pick the Pads but it is not guaranteed and we wouldn't want you to sign up unless you were willing to take some other franchise if the Pads are off the board at your pick.

sambruins

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 am

you mention Piazza. his highest card is the dodgers, but you say the mets can take him. so a player from one of the 9 excluded teams is available to the next highest team he has a card for if his highest card is from one of the excluded teams.
this is correct?

LMBombers

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 7:44 am

That is correct. Barry Bonds is a Pirate in this league and you could use any of his SF cards.

Musial6

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 10:34 am

LMBombers wrote:That is correct. Barry Bonds is a Pirate in this league and you could use any of his SF cards.

Should have eliminated the Pirates also, so we wouldn't have to contend with Bonds.

So..........is this the entire ATG population of players?

The newer expansion teams have to contend with the older franchises left (of which there are still a few) who have four eras to choose from???

Hittmens

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 am

yes but the 100m cap should make it competitive.
Some of the exp teams have less options at certain positions but they can all field competitive teams

Verbal Warrior

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 pm

LMBombers wrote:The random draft order does not assign teams to owners it simply randomizes the order in which an owner can draft any of the franchises he wants. You probably have a good chance to pick the Pads but it is not guaranteed and we wouldn't want you to sign up unless you were willing to take some other franchise if the Pads are off the board at your pick.

I see. Well, fave player of all time is Big Dave. I wanna play that 79 card of his. Oh, and Goose and his filthy effin a hole rants as well :lol:

Hey fellaz, any of youz guyz want the Pads?!? C'monnnn, you know you don't :)

sambruins

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 pm

i don't want them. post ww2 or expansion would have made it more even, but i am still in

LMBombers

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm

The 100M cap makes it pretty even for all teams. It is not like an older franchise like Detroit or Cincinnati can use all their best cards. Whatever players you decide to use to stay under 100M is the thing. Those older franchises will leave many high salary guys off their roster at this cap.

I actually like some of the newer franchises at this salary cap.

LMBombers

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 2:13 pm

There have been a lot of great franchise leagues, the constant is that the Yankees-Dodgers- Giants- Cards etc all get picked early and if you sign up late or get a low randomizer number you are left picking between the Reds and the Pirates.
So this league flips the franchises, I have eliminated the most popular 9 franchises. There are as follows
Yankees-Giants-Dodgers-Braves-Cards-Indians-Cubs-A's-Red Sox
Player must be carded for your franchise but you can use any card in the set. So Piazza is exclusive to the Mets but you can use a Dodger card for him. If a player is carded to more than one team then he belongs exclusively to the team with the higher salary. For ex Frank Robinson is exclusive to the Orioles but the Orioles can use the Reds card.
100 million standard drops dh
Ballparks are limited to ballparks that are your franchises- but you can pick any era
Franchises to pick from
Angels-Rockies
Royals-Marlins
Brewers
Expos
Twins-Senators
Phillies
Mariners-D backs
Rangers-Rays
Blue Jays
Orioles/Browns
Mets