check mark for teams complete...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

emart

Re: check mark for teams complete...

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm

george barnard wrote:There are literally dozens of great ideas in the Wish List thread that have been waiting to be coded in for YEARS. Yes, we did just get the "check all" for the perfs pages and the sorting of already completed teams, but what about...problems around stealing third, individual runners advancing choice, substitution issues with hard R/L hitters.....

Its been my belief for a long time that, aside from emergencies like the SP glitches this year, they haven't touched the actual game code in years. They are just hoping it holds together for as long as possible. The only changes or 'new' features are related to the display of information, except perhaps the 2 primary catcher draft requirement from this year.

Chris Franco

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 1:34 pm

N Texas Widowmakers wrote:I agree. Makes it easier to know when the games have run each night.

I must be blind and dumb.
I don't see anything different.
Where does this show?

bkeat23

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm

May be a broken record, but separate settings for steal 2nd, third, and home would be more frequently in play than anyone will look at the check boxes for completed games?

mighty moose

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Chris Franco wrote:
N Texas Widowmakers wrote:I agree. Makes it easier to know when the games have run each night.

I must be blind and dumb.
I don't see anything different.
Where does this show?

On the "Your Active Teams" page. To the right of "status" for each active team. However, while I have seen it, (a green checkmark) it's not there right now, so either it's only shown during the evening runtimes, or they have pulled it. Hopefully the former.

Update - it's there NOW so I guess the former was right. Look for it around evening runtime.
Last edited by mighty moose on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ggyuppie

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm

tmfw30 wrote:
The Last Druid wrote:The biggest thing for me though would be a recoding that would make the "avoid" lefties or righties on the hitter preference page actually work.

yes yes yes

YES

supertyphoon

No check marks

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 2:35 am

More site issues, apparently.

It's 1:30 am ET and I really like the fact it's easy to see - since none of my teams have the magic check mark ...

Paul_Long71

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 5:52 pm

The Last Druid wrote:It would also be nice to find out how many errors our pitchers make, on the "pardon our dust" page that has sat unchanged for six years and counting, while SOM "figures out how to present the few stats that they have." :roll:

The biggest thing for me though would be a recoding that would make the "avoid" lefties or righties on the hitter preference page actually work.

The some minor tweaks like releasing ATG 9 and changing the pricing structure, even if it were a random fluctuation in current prices of say +/- 2% or 3% every couple of years. Better would be a model that takes into account usage, not to drive some favorites up so that they don't get used much, but to lower the prices on a bunch of rarely to never used players, which would have the intended effect of increasing the functional player pool.

nice Druid. I had never noticed that line before on the SIM Fielding page. That's classic that it has been there unchanged for that long.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats