THE FREE FOR ALL FRANCHISE LEAGUE

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: THE FREE FOR ALL FRANCHISE LEAGUE

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 pm

since we are moving the supp draft to before the Autodraft, can we also make our trade prior to the autodraft (don't see that it makes a big difference)?

Paul_Long71

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 6:38 pm

How about Ross Barnes? Boston Red Stockings became the Boston Braves in 1876. Looking at Baseball Reference, almost all of the 1875 Boston Red Stockings from the NA league are also on the 1876 Boston Red stockings of the NL. Barnes however left the Red Stockings after '75 and went to the Cubs. but his only card is as a Boston Red Stockings.

so is Barnes a Brave?

blineimages

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Paul--
yes, thanks for the catch--I missed that one. He is a Brave.

blineimages

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Revised list #2

Here is the list of Pre-1900 and turn of the century Players and as to which team can claim them:

The following players can be selected in the auto-draft
Dan Brouthers: Braves.
Hugh Jennings: Dodgers.
Tip O'Neill: Cardinals.
Roger Conner: New York Giants.
Pete Browning: Pirates.
Joe Kelley: Dodgers (originally incorrect attributed to the Orioles, that team was disbanded and not connected to the current Orioles franchise)
Jake Stenzel: Pirates
Willie Keeler: Orioles
Cap Anson: Cubs
Chief Zimmer: Indians
Bill Sweeney: Braves
Jesse Burkett: Cardinals
Jocko Milligan: A's
Ginger Beaumont: Pirates
Ross Barnes: Braves

The following players, as they have cards for 2 franchises, can only be claimed in the supplemental draft.
Hugh Duffy: Orioles and Braves.
King Kelly: Braves and White Sox.
Billy Hamilton: Braves and Phillies.
Last edited by blineimages on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blineimages

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 pm

two additional rules, please take note--I will add these to the rules at the post head..

1) Any player you select in the supplemental draft must stay on your roster for the entire season, unless you trade that player prior to the season starting. If you select a player in the supplemental draft, and you decide to not retain that player for the season, you must release that player to the FA pool a minimum of 24 hours prior to season start.

2) Once the league is full, and all franchises selected, the commish will create an individual league chat to setup the draft. The first post in that individual league chat will be from the commish indicating that trading is open---i.e. owners will be permitted to make their one trade prior to the supplemental draft if they wish--and trading will be allowed from that point forward until 7 PM EST the night the season starts. Please note that the trading deadline is 3 hours prior to season start time.
Please note: Prior to the supplemental draft, You can only trade players, that you have exclusive rights to (i.e. that only have cards/seasons for your franchise). Once the supplemental draft is finished, you can trade players that you selected in the supplemental draft.

blineimages

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Only need 4 more (I get the last remaining franchise)

1) THE NEL Franchise/Blue Jays Relievers - budabear78
2) The Yankees - ironwill
3) Indians, Braves, Brewers - Paul_Long71
4) White Sox, Cubs.
5) A's (Philadelphia, Oakland), Phillies -- bmilner
6) Tigers, Pirates.
7) Giants (NY, SF), Mariners, Angels. -- malamutt2002
8) Red Sox, Expos/Nats, Marlins. -- JoeyC
9) Cards, Royals, Astros -- thetallguy747
10) Reds, Rangers, and Mets.
11) Orioles- Browns), Senators/Twins, Rockies.
12) Dodgers, Padres, D-Backs.

lets get this rolling...

thetallguy747

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 9:14 pm

If I receive in trade a player who has multiple seasons, am I obligated to play the season that was dealt to me? Or do I have the option to switch to another of the player's seasons? Let's say the Dodgers drafted Koufax's 1963 card but I want to trade for his 1964 card because I can use that card as a relief pitcher. Would I have the option to switch the season once I received him in trade, provided I do it before the season begins?

Paul_Long71

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm not the commish, but I would say that you should be able to as technically, you are not trading for a card but for the rights to a player until the season starts.

Mr Baseball World

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 10:09 pm

To extend that further: Lets say the Cubs draft Hornsby in the supplemental. If he was traded to the Dodgers would they be limited to a Cubs Card or could they use a Cardinal card?

To twist it again: if the Cubs took Hornsby in the supplemental could they trade a player for example Jake Arrieta to the Cardinals for the rights to use the Cardinal Hornsby card?

Mr Baseball World

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 10:18 pm

Last edited by Mr Baseball World on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats