New Theme League - 5 out of 12 so far

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

ggyuppie

New Theme League - 5 out of 12 so far

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 8:21 pm

mjruth's theme league sounds like a lot of fun, so here's a chance to jump in to similar if you missed out. I've copied some themes and also come up with some new ones. The concept is the same though!

This will be a full ATG8 AD $100MM DH league. The 12 themes are listed below. My buddy Rynecrazy and I are in, so there are 10 spots remaining. Once we fill the list here, we'll do a random number draw, and managers will choose from the available list of themes/teams in order of draw. First pick gets any of the twelve, second gets any of the remaining 11, and so on. We'll do unique stadiums, and draw them in the opposite order we draw themes/teams.

Here are the themes:

1) The K Club – Every pitcher on this team’s roster must have a K/IP ratio greater than or equal to 1 (there are 112 qualifying pitcher cards).
2) The Righties – All your hitters must be right-handed on your roster. However, your reprieve is that you can carry 3 switch-hitters on your team. Starting pitching is all right-handed however your relievers can be a mix.
3) The Lefties - Same as above, all left-handed hitters with up to 3 switch hitters, lefty starters but a mix of relief.
4) Let the Stars Shine! – You must carry at least five $10MM+ cards on your roster. Do you dare go 6?
5) Victory? by Committee – This team cannot carry any player card above $6.30MM on its roster. It also can’t carry more than 3 * rated starting pitchers.
6) Carpe Diem – From Alomar to DiMaggio to Zarilla, if a player has a Latin surname, he’s fair game. Otherwise, discedite!
7) Defense Rules – Outside of pitchers, this team must carry at least 10 players ranked 1 at their primary defensive position. Outside those 10, it can hold only up to 3 players ranked as high as 3, and can't hold any player ranked 4 or higher.
8) Or Does It? - Outside of pitchers, this team must carry at least 10 players ranked 4 or above at their primary defensive position. Outside those 10, it can hold only up to 3 players ranked as low as 2, and can't hold any player ranked 1.
9) The Sluggers – This team must hold a minimum of 10 hitter cards who hit at least 30 homeruns during the season represented by that card (there are 338 cards qualifying).
10) Power Outage – This team cannot hold any hitter cards who hit more than 20 homeruns during the season represented by that card.
11) Platoon! - This team must platoon at least five spots in its starting lineup all season.
12) Thieves – This team must carry at least 10 hitter cards who stole at least 30 bases during the season represented by that card.

Additional Points:

If the platoon team has an injury it can break its rule. (kudos to mjruth for thinking that one through ahead of time)
A team does have to consider other teams in satisfying its theme. In other words, outside of Victory by Committee, every team must hold at least one player card above $6.30MM and no team except Platoon can platoon more than 4 spots in its lineup, no team except Sluggers can hold more than 9 cards with 30 or more homeruns, etc.

I'm thinking that in deference to the Righty and Lefty teams, all teams except for Victory? by Committee should be required to go with 4 man rotations and stick to them unless they have an injury. But I'm not sure of that one. Should those teams just have to deal with the fact that opponents may throw their swing starting righty or lefty at them all season?

Let me know if you think of any other unintended consequences which merit consideration.

Post here to join. All aboard!

1) ggyuppie
2) rynecrazy
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
Last edited by ggyuppie on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

estern

Re: New Theme League

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 1:30 pm

1) ggyuppie
2) rynecrazy
3) estern
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)