Anyone notice reference to "Bernie" in the blog ?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mighty moose

Anyone notice reference to "Bernie" in the blog ?

PostFri Sep 08, 2017 2:27 pm

A slip or old folder names never updated ? Read Garcias blog and he has a link to the rules, with a reference to an url with Bernie in it. Maybe he hasn't left yet ?

http://bernie.strat-o-matic.com/help/rules/football

The Last Druid

Re: Anyone notice reference to "Bernie" in the blog ?

PostFri Sep 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Rick: you could just ask him. He's on Facebook as Bernie Hou. He's friends with modmark, MunichMan, Bobbie Morretti, Frank Bailey and Doug Glanville among members of the community.

mighty moose

PostFri Sep 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Yeah just checked, made the friend request a couple of years ago. He's never accepted it. Doubt that he will, we've had our share of fights. :(

The Last Druid

PostFri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Ask Modmark to ask him. He's still active here.

mighty moose

PostSat Sep 09, 2017 1:01 pm

It's not that important. Just trying to relay a little glimmer of hope in an otherwise dark and disparaging time. Even if he is still there, they've got him muzzled tighter than a pit bull. :cry:

Palmtana

PostSat Sep 09, 2017 10:05 pm

mighty moose wrote:Even if he is still there, they've got him muzzled tighter than a pit bull. :cry:

Which I'm sure was Bernie's request. Do you recall his post from the TSN days where he said he was "bleeding from my pores." Hematidrosis. My guess is his condition was stress induced. Less Bernie online = a healthier Bernie offline.

The Last Druid

PostSat Sep 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Bernie did not say he was bleeding from his pores, at least not in public communication on these boards. I explicitly recall him writing that "I'm bleeding" which struck me at the time as quite an odd statement.

I am fairly certain that the muzzle was placed on Bernie by Harold Richman. Whether or not that was Bernie's preference is pure speculation on our part. Richman functionally muzzled Garcia as well, as witnessed by the locked blog that is almost entirely fluff without substance.

I was one of Bernie's most vocal critics as I have been with Garcia also. But given our experience with Garcia, Bernie looks like a Strat PR God. Whatever his shortcomings, he was devoted to serving the community and was at least somewhat responsive to our concerns. I see no evidence of that with the blog boy.

Salty

PostSun Sep 10, 2017 12:35 pm

The Last Druid wrote:I was one of Bernie's most vocal critics as I have been with Garcia also. But given our experience with Garcia, Bernie looks like a Strat PR God. Whatever his shortcomings, he was devoted to serving the community and was at least somewhat responsive to our concerns. I see no evidence of that with the blog boy.

This is exactly what we've been complaining about since the move--
you can't have dialogue with a locked blog.

Remember the boards used to be very active- sometimes because of controversy (both for good and not so good), but that's part of what made it interesting;
Bernie had a plan way back to have monthly live chats-- he did only one, which is a shame because as a newer player at the time that bit of dialogue with him helped me and am guessing at least a few other folks be part of the game.

before this goes full blown rant, I'm gonna stop here.

Badjam

PostSun Sep 10, 2017 8:27 pm

Bernies passion during Atg6 helped get me to playing 20 teams at a time. Garcia's once a month, locked blog, has me at three teams at a time.

Looks like the once a month free credit draw has ended...

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats