Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

MARCPELLETIER

Re: Anatomy of a Live Draft

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Any post-season comments

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/standings/434451

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/standings/434529

Hard to conclude anything other than there were 22 competitive teams overall...and 2 very bad teams (not a single team had both 90 wins and +100 RS vs RA)!!

About league 1 ... rburgh's bet on Larking in Dunn turned out to be disaster... .190/.297/.402..although LArking still hit 30+ hr.

Last druid was a bit too weak vs lhp...11-25...I was about to write that Schmidt over A-Rod could have helped a lot, but Glaus, A-Rod's platoon partner, did a pretty good job in beating out lefty pitchers. In fact, lastdruid's team is interesting in that his offense almost belted a 1000 OPS vs lhp, but on the other hand, 3 starters vs lhp--Glaus-Juan Gonzo and McCutchen had disastrous records vs rhp. This stat plus Wagner and Ryan disappointing seasons suggest that this team was taking leads vs lhp but were not able to insure wins.

About league 2.. I'm glad to see in league 2 that the team that picked up Morgan first round is well positioned to make the playoffs!! (Hopefully I'm not jinxing it!!)

JavierCoats

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 4:03 am

Awesome post! The shared topic is very interesting, and you have got an excellent conversation. I have been scrolling down the page to discover new ideas!

Salty

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 12:07 pm

MARCPELLETIER wrote:Any post-season comments

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/standings/434451

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/standings/434529

Hard to conclude anything other than there were 22 competitive teams overall...and 2 very bad teams (not a single team had both 90 wins and +100 RS vs RA)!!

About league 1 ... rburgh's bet on Larking in Dunn turned out to be disaster... .190/.297/.402..although LArking still hit 30+ hr.

Last druid was a bit too weak vs lhp...11-25...I was about to write that Schmidt over A-Rod could have helped a lot, but Glaus, A-Rod's platoon partner, did a pretty good job in beating out lefty pitchers. In fact, lastdruid's team is interesting in that his offense almost belted a 1000 OPS vs lhp, but on the other hand, 3 starters vs lhp--Glaus-Juan Gonzo and McCutchen had disastrous records vs rhp. This stat plus Wagner and Ryan disappointing seasons suggest that this team was taking leads vs lhp but were not able to insure wins.

About league 2.. I'm glad to see in league 2 that the team that picked up Morgan first round is well positioned to make the playoffs!! (Hopefully I'm not jinxing it!!)

Good call coming back to this!

League 2 our division is very very tough-- you see Last Druid's team for example with a very good PLUS 64 run differential and a slightly below .500 team that's missing the playoffs, despite a perfectly good pen.
That happens very often and is frustrating when it does, but imo all you can do is put together a good team, which it is.

League 1 was incredibly tight, going into the last few games lots of teams could've made the playoffs.
So when you think about those 3 games that had the SP glitch, yeah, they do matter.

Salty

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 11:28 pm

update--

the druid and I tied for 2nd best run differential at PLUS 63 and we both missed the playoffs.

STEVE F

PostSat Oct 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Salty wrote:update--

the druid and I tied for 2nd best run differential at PLUS 63 and we both missed the playoffs.

I fared a little better than I expected, given my draft I am surprised I was over .500. Next 3 teams I expect will be a bit better

Muadib1950

PostThu Nov 21, 2019 6:24 am

Salty wrote:[
fear is the mind killer, it is the little death that brings total oblivion. -- extra credit if you know who said it- I'm talkin to you Valen because its in your genre.

Alia ... Alia ... ALIA! Tell this Salty Dog of a Sandworm who said this! Valen has been off on some sort of Babble On Walkabout for the last 27 months! ALIA ... tell the man! ALIA! Nap time's over!

"Oh that's easy Paul. I think ... could he be the Kwisatch Hadderach?"

Salty

PostFri Nov 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Muadib1950 wrote:
Salty wrote:[
fear is the mind killer, it is the little death that brings total oblivion. -- extra credit if you know who said it- I'm talkin to you Valen because its in your genre.

Alia ... Alia ... ALIA! Tell this Salty Dog of a Sandworm who said this! Valen has been off on some sort of Babble On Walkabout for the last 27 months! ALIA ... tell the man! ALIA! Nap time's over!

"Oh that's easy Paul. I think ... could he be the Kwisatch Hadderach?"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Im looking forward to the new iteration coming out!@
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats