Best All-Time 25 man roster

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

unclerowser

Re: Best All-Time 25 man roster

PostSun Aug 13, 2017 6:26 pm

What about random selection after the league fills?

DOHowser1

PostSun Aug 13, 2017 6:44 pm

I'm guessing that we just treat it like a normal auto draft? What ya get, is what ya get?

unclerowser

PostSun Aug 13, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm assuming none of our draft lists included any of the 25 best - so we would all have to leave the league and re-populate our draft lists.

unclerowser

PostSun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm

what about a volunteer?

Rosie2167

PostSun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 pm

edwardneal63 wrote:
unclerowser wrote:Which owner has the 25 best?

There currently is no "Best Team". The remaining owners can decide if they want another owner to become the "Best Team", just allow the 25 "Best Team" roster players to become available to all teams at waivers or make some other arrangement.

Owners can also withdraw from the league if there is no longer enough interest.

The possible free credit to one team from me was also withdrawn as the league did not fill by the deadline of August 11th.

Thanks to you and the other owners for joining and being willing to give the league a try. Unfortunately, there was not enough interest to fill the league by my August 11th deadline.

Ed2014

Ed I must say this is a bit lame. Feels a little like the rug was pulled out from under the whole league.

unclerowser

PostSun Aug 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Lame. Agreed. Not really interested in the possibility of extra credits - only beating the 25 best.

edwardneal63

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 am

unclerowser wrote:Lame. Agreed. Not really interested in the possibility of extra credits - only beating the 25 best.

Probably better not to respond, but what the heck.

First, thanks to all who showed a legitimate interest in the league. Thanks to unclerowser for posting on here when four teams were needed as a way of encouraging other owners to join.

I did not take any of the 25 "best" players with me when I left the league. If all the owners really want to compete against those players it is possible to do. (The owners may already be arranging to do so for all I know.) The owners can decide themselves or randomly which team will have the 25/24 "best". Personally, would lean towards giving bertoU52 first opportunity to take over the "best" since I believe he had the first team entered after mine. There is also an owner that entered late and picked up a large number of the players. Perhaps, it might be easiest to let that owner just run the "best team."

Now responding to Rosie2167. Probably just a coincidence that your team was listed first in the Central and would have received my credit if the league had filled timely. Regarding the credit, the league rules always stated the credit was conditional upon the league filling by 10pm ET August 11th. When my team left the league, which was well after 10pm, there were 3 teams still needed to fill, I believe.

As I mentioned above, it is certainly still possible to play against the 25 "best" in this league. It will take a little cooperation, which hopefully the owners are now doing or will be doing before opening day. If the team owners really want to, the league can still be made so 11 teams compete with a "best team."

Hope the league goes well and if someone is willing, I imagine others would be interested in an update(s) of how the "best team" makes out and if they do win the league.

Rosie2167

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 12:28 pm

edwardneal63 wrote:
unclerowser wrote:Lame. Agreed. Not really interested in the possibility of extra credits - only beating the 25 best.

Probably better not to respond, but what the heck.

First, thanks to all who showed a legitimate interest in the league. Thanks to unclerowser for posting on here when four teams were needed as a way of encouraging other owners to join.

I did not take any of the 25 "best" players with me when I left the league. If all the owners really want to compete against those players it is possible to do. (The owners may already be arranging to do so for all I know.) The owners can decide themselves or randomly which team will have the 25/24 "best". Personally, would lean towards giving bertoU52 first opportunity to take over the "best" since I believe he had the first team entered after mine. There is also an owner that entered late and picked up a large number of the players. Perhaps, it might be easiest to let that owner just run the "best team."

Now responding to Rosie2167. Probably just a coincidence that your team was listed first in the Central and would have received my credit if the league had filled timely. Regarding the credit, the league rules always stated the credit was conditional upon the league filling by 10pm ET August 11th. When my team left the league, which was well after 10pm, there were 3 teams still needed to fill, I believe.

As I mentioned above, it is certainly still possible to play against the 25 "best" in this league. It will take a little cooperation, which hopefully the owners are now doing or will be doing before opening day. If the team owners really want to, the league can still be made so 11 teams compete with a "best team."

Hope the league goes well and if someone is willing, I imagine others would be interested in an update(s) of how the "best team" makes out and if they do win the league.

Personally I could care less about the credit, its more the mayhem you created by jumping ship that's irritating. Sure we can do all sorts of things to fix it and at this point I'd say we can do that without your guidance. tks
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats