Friday Game glitch

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

warrenbob52

Friday Game glitch

PostSat May 27, 2017 9:58 am

On all my teams Friday either my 5Th starter or the same pitcher started back to back games forcing me to reset my whole rotations anyone else have this problem

chris.sied@yahoo.com

Re: Friday Game glitch

PostSat May 27, 2017 10:30 am

yep. Every team I have as well as my opponents teams scrapped the rotation and run down the three most expensive starters. That happened in 20XX, ATG and mystery, and I saw someone else post that it happened in Daily too.

labratory

PostSat May 27, 2017 10:41 am

For me, it took the first three starters from my default rotation rather than the three most expensive.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostSat May 27, 2017 11:08 am

Actually, that default rotation might be correct. For most of my teams I use daily starters, so I don't have a default rotation. I don't know if my opponents have a default rotation but it seemed to be the top 3 for them too.

gkhd11a

PostSat May 27, 2017 12:50 pm

This just happened to be the final night for many of the first round of the Barnstormers and no doubt decided who made playoffs in some instances. I do not myself personally think this is a coincidence, my personal suspicion with absolutely no proof is a reset was done wrong after the original running of the games did not result in the desired results. But that may just be the cynic in me...

bcousy57

PostSat May 27, 2017 1:09 pm

chris.sied@yahoo.com wrote:yep. Every team I have as well as my opponents teams scrapped the rotation and run down the three most expensive starters. That happened in 20XX, ATG and mystery, and I saw someone else post that it happened in Daily too.
Yep, happened to me, too, in ATG last night. My clear No. 1 starter just pitched on zero days' rest, and while you might think that's a great thing, now he is slotted to pitch game 162 instead of 161, which means he can't start until Game 2 of the playoffs. Which means he gets one start in a best of five playoff series — instead of two — in a 24-team playoff league. I wonder how strat will address this? They can't replay the games, but it seems like they ought to award credits to all users affected. I lost in Game 7 of a playoff semi last night, and although the glitch didn't affect either team because the individual game starters were set by each manager, I'm sure somewhere a title, series, or playoff race was decided by the error.

STEVE F

PostSat May 27, 2017 1:20 pm

gkhd11a wrote:This just happened to be the final night for many of the first round of the Barnstormers and no doubt decided who made playoffs in some instances. I do not myself personally think this is a coincidence, my personal suspicion with absolutely no proof is a reset was done wrong after the original running of the games did not result in the desired results. But that may just be the cynic in me...

wow

The Last Druid

PostSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm

The site was also very hard to use last Monday and I couldn't even get my nightly starters inputted, despite trying for two hours. At that time I resolved to just play fewer teams from now on. No point in posting on it, because Garcia will likely just ignore it as he ignores most any unseemly behavior from the game.

The stuff last night was really screwed up. Almost all of my teams require manual inputting of scheduled starters each night as I've been going with 6 starters lately, at least at caps under 140M. My decisions were totally overriden by the "glitch" which actually screwed up my Barnstormers playoff rotation. Bernie, at least, would have admitted the site error and there would probably have been some compensatory response by SOM.

But Mr. Garcia is, charitably, just a puppet on Hal Richman's strings and I have seen Richman's arrogant indifference to customer service for over 40 years now. That said though, Garcia has repeatedly shown that his word means nothing. My response is simply to just play fewer teams and do what little I can to reduce their profits. Recently I have been playing close to 30 teams at a time, henceforth it will be half that or less and even that will consist of 6 leagues that are long term commitments that I'm stuck with for another year or two. I love the game but not the company.
Last edited by The Last Druid on Mon May 29, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bontomn

PostSun May 28, 2017 12:05 am

Going into Friday night's games, I had two teams with a one-game lead in the division race, with each one playing the second-place team. Lost two of three in both leagues and missed the playoffs on the third tie-breaker (division record? run differential?). Until I saw this thread I was mystified why all six of my SPs in those games were pitching on only three days rest. Not that the results might have been different had my (and my opponents') regular rotation been followed, but I still wonder what might have been.

gkhd11a

PostSun May 28, 2017 9:43 am

I am not concerning myself with whether the results would have been the same, I am analyzing why such a mistake would happen in the first place and there is two groups of results that are possible:

1) The leagues were run as they are every night and for a reason unknown to Strat, the game ran ignoring the rules of who to pitch in the starting roles and also to ignore the rules of fatigue… If this is the result we obtained it implies a very poorly written program with bugs that must be creating grievous errors randomly throughout our results.

2) For an unknown reason the game engine was reset and rerun but the reset was not done correctly causing the starting pitching to not be utilized correctly and ignoring the rules of fatigue or resetting fatigue, as well as possible effects on bullpens, injuries etc or a program change was made without proper testing and informing of the players. This shows there are procedures taken in this game effecting results without posting on the boards such an action was taken. This of course opens leagues up to inside IT collusion in the running of league results.

In either case it demonstrates clearly there is an inadequate level of control and review on the running of these games. The sequence of starters is the single biggest effect on games as they control up to 40% of the dice results. This is not a “glitch” in the sense of a program that ignores for instance a relief pitcher in one role because he is listed in another role and winds up with HAL selecting a totally bad pitcher to cost a game. Friday’s results are proof of poor internal controls of this game by Stratomatic. The timing of this problem is very suspicious as it occurs on the day of leagues concluding. Because of this it is very hard to believe anything that will come as an explanation from this company, if one ever does come.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats