Friday Game glitch

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

dr.red

Re: Friday Game glitch

PostSun May 28, 2017 11:41 am

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

gkhd11a wrote:This just happened to be the final night for many of the first round of the Barnstormers and no doubt decided who made playoffs in some instances. I do not myself personally think this is a coincidence, my personal suspicion with absolutely no proof is a reset was done wrong after the original running of the games did not result in the desired results. But that may just be the cynic in me...

bkeat23

PostSun May 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Quit whining and check your email for the card reader update for your mobile devices.

bcousy57

PostSun May 28, 2017 1:18 pm

I don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories regarding this error. But I would like to see Strat respond, either via email or on the forum boards, to let people know what happened, how it will prevent it from happening again, and how it will make amends (one free credit per each affected manager seems reasonable).

I have emailed customer support, and I'm sure others have, as well. It seems to me that having customers speak up is the best way to elevate an issue.

It's a long weekend. I would give the company at least until Tuesday to review what happened and make things right. My 2 cents, anyway.

emart

PostSun May 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Happened to all my teams Friday and had an effect on the playoff race in one league. Big mess.

drfreeze49

PostSun May 28, 2017 1:33 pm

In the old days ...Bernie would give us 1 free game for every 3 or 4 teams we had...Guess that's not happening...

DGF102052

PostSun May 28, 2017 5:46 pm

It happened in the Daily game, ATG8 game, the 201X game and the decade games to.

paul8210

PostMon May 29, 2017 8:33 am

Similar problem happened around June 30, 2016. Search on 'glitch'.

bcousy57

PostMon May 29, 2017 9:07 am

paul8210 wrote:Similar problem happened around June 30, 2016. Search on 'glitch'.
Good call. Looks like it may have happened February 27, 2015. [I edited this because my original date was off by two months.]

Here is a response from John G that was posted by a user in the ATG forum a few days later. (Some were displeased with the subjective nature of having to lobby for a credit, because with every team in a league affected and rotations altered in future games, theoretically every team could argue that the results were unfair — an unassailable point, really.)

The post from two years ago:

"On Friday night there, was a widespread glitch that unfortunately caused our system to lose track of who pitched in the preceding series and who was supposed to pitch in Friday night’s games. Due to this error, certain pitchers ended up starting games on short rest. We have found the cause of the incident and have implemented precautions that will improve how our system reacts to unexpected occurrences like this, rare as they may be.

We sincerely apologize for the problems that this may have caused your teams. While we cannot replay games or change the results of games that were affected by this, we do sympathize with our customers, especially those who may have lost a playoff series or missed the playoffs due to these circumstances. If you had a team that lost out on a potential credit due to Friday night’s games, please e-mail us at onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com and let us know the team and league. We will review the situation and add a credit to your account if your team was adversely affected. We will accept credit requests through May 1st, so any team currently in progress that was affected by this can receive compensation.

We apologize again for this, and thank you for your understanding."
Last edited by bcousy57 on Mon May 29, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bcousy57

gkhd11a

PostMon May 29, 2017 4:03 pm

bcousy57 wrote:I don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories regarding this error. But I would like to see Strat respond, either via email or on the forum boards, to let people know what happened, how it will prevent it from happening again, and how it will make amends (one free credit per each affected manager seems reasonable).

I have emailed customer support, and I'm sure others have, as well. It seems to me that having customers speak up is the best way to elevate an issue.

It's a long weekend. I would give the company at least until Tuesday to review what happened and make things right. My 2 cents, anyway.

So it appears this has happened twice before and always on a Friday as the final day for leagues ending, just a co-incidence? There really is zero excuse for this except total ineptitude or malfeasance.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats