Creating a custom ATG league?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Chris Franco

Creating a custom ATG league?

PostWed May 24, 2017 3:49 pm

Help please

I want to create a custom ATG league.
I want all the available cards in the years 1920 to and including 1939...but...
I don't want ANY...RP Only...R3, R4 or R5...that had a real life WHIP of around 1.19 or lower.... (I want to basically pull out all the possible incorrectly salaried super relievers...pull them out of the league draft data base. I am so tired of GMs exploiting relievers...pitching a player who had around 50 real life innings...and setting things up so that player pitches 200 innings...it's just so ridiculous...and to make matters worse...the exploiting GM typically leads the league in wins...and it's practically ruining the enjoyment of every league I have been in of late).

In this custom league The only RP Only's will be R2 or R1....or R3 or R4 or R5 with WHIP of around 1.20 or higher.

I also only want ballparks that are tagged from 1920-1939.

Can someone walk me through how to do this?
Last edited by Chris Franco on Thu May 25, 2017 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

andycummings65

Re: Creating a custom ATG league?

PostWed May 24, 2017 4:27 pm

On a current league, click Free Agents. Next to the Search bar is Download ATG 8 player list as Excel spreadsheet
Click this, and it will download the ATG file of cards in an Excel Document. Save it, then Delete from that file all the players you DONT WANT in your Custom Player Set. When done, Save that Custom Player Set and Email that File with any instructions to 365support@strat-o-matic.com
Also include the Stadiums you want in that email.

They'll create it and put it in the Shuffles.

Musial6

PostThu May 25, 2017 6:26 am

Chris Franco wrote:Help please

I want to create a custom ATG league.
I want all the available cards in the years 1920 to and including 1939...but...
I don't want ANY RP Only...R3, R4 or R5...that had a real life WHIP of 1.19 or lower.... (I want those pulled out).
The only RP Only's will be R2 or R1....or R3 or R4 or R5 with WHIP of 1.20 or higher.

I also only want ballparks that are tagged from 1920-1939.

Can someone walk me through how to do this?

Just out of curiosity, when looking at who would be excluded, it's only five guys - Shea, Miljus, Moore, Haines and Ryan and assumedly, none of these are of the super-reliever status such as Dale Murray or others.

So............why these five guys?

Chris Franco

PostThu May 25, 2017 7:56 am

Every league I have been in of late...someone is using a super reliever unrealistically...
I believe it is a clear game engine exploit... Because in the leagues I have been in these teams are always ALWAYS at the top of the standings. Every league I have been in of late has a team or two like this.

Therefore it must be stopped. It's an unfair competitive advantage to the GM who does this IMHO.

I will not be playing in any leagues that allow this exploit any longer until SOM fixes it.
It's an obvious game engine mess up. My opinion of course.

mrharryc

PostThu May 25, 2017 10:19 am

As an alternative to establishing a custom league through Strat, a process such as Andy walked you through, you could just post a league on the board and write in your criteria; it happens frequently. Just list the relievers who are ineligible and list the years from whom teams can choose players. Folks here are good at following the restrictions, and as commissioner you can police any miscreants that might pop up.

pacoboy

PostThu May 25, 2017 10:31 am

Join my 24 team league (posted on this forum) - I have TSN take out the "SUPER RELIEVERS"

...so if you want to use that strategy in my league you'll need to spend almost $9mil on a S/R to get the same affect making it really not worth the money.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats