Randomination 10League Created. You may draft and enter team

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

honestiago

Re: RANDOMINATION, SEASON #1: FULL!

PostMon May 22, 2017 10:13 pm

For the record, I went with 1,000 cards, no max salary, all ballparks available. The last league number was 100390, but my screen is white--no names there, and it isn't rendering.

honestiago

PostMon May 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Well, I am having absolutely no luck with this. I'll have to shelve it until tomorrow. Sorry, folks. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

eveldrive

PostMon May 22, 2017 10:44 pm

just wondering if you've started step 1 by naming your team before going to step 2 to set up the player shuffle and then setting up the league?

honestiago

PostTue May 23, 2017 7:12 am

eveldrive wrote:just wondering if you've started step 1 by naming your team before going to step 2 to set up the player shuffle and then setting up the league?

Sure did. I just tried again this morning, twice. When I hit the generation button, I get back a "league" with no name on it, and no player set. if I go to browse it, I have a number in the address, for example, the one I just did is: http://365.strat-o-matic.com/playerset/browse/100402. But there are no players there, and I do not see my name on the shuffle list.

I wonder if I should process the team like normal (step #2, choosing ATG, to get the ATG credit set), then return to the draft screen to create the pool?

honestiago

PostTue May 23, 2017 7:19 am

Nope. Tried that. Did not generate a league I can see.

I sent a trouble ticket in last night. In the meantime, I have no issues with someone else creating our player set. We need:

Private League with password (maybe "random?")
1,000 players
no salary limit
all 183 parks available.

Let us know if anyone wants to take care of it.

bcousy57

PostTue May 23, 2017 8:48 am

honestiago wrote:Nope. Tried that. Did not generate a league I can see.

I sent a trouble ticket in last night. In the meantime, I have no issues with someone else creating our player set. We need:

1,000 players
no salary limit
all 183 parks available.

I just gave it a shot, but once I allegedly created the player set, it wasn't visible in the player set scroll.

Hopefully Strat can figure it out.

bcousy57

PostTue May 23, 2017 10:36 am

bcousy57 wrote:
honestiago wrote:Nope. Tried that. Did not generate a league I can see.

1,000 players
no salary limit
all 183 parks available.

I just gave it a shot, but once I allegedly created the player set, it wasn't visible in the player set scroll.

Hopefully Strat can figure it out.
I just tried toggling with the settings to see if I could create a set (1,100 cards, $15 million max salary, etc.) No dice. It looks like all of the player sets that have been created after No. 100348 (http://365.strat-o-matic.com/playerset/browse/100348) are blank. Function seems like it's been broken for at least a little while.

honestiago

PostTue May 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Glad to know it ain't just me being stupid. In the meantime, have to figure out how to play in this Neutral, mostly hitter's park. Depending on how the divisions are assigned by the computer, could end up in a basher's division, which is soooooo not my style of play (but, then, that's the point of all this, right?).:-)

bcousy57

PostWed May 24, 2017 5:30 pm

honestiago wrote:Glad to know it ain't just me being stupid. In the meantime, have to figure out how to play in this Neutral, mostly hitter's park. Depending on how the divisions are assigned by the computer, could end up in a basher's division, which is soooooo not my style of play (but, then, that's the point of all this, right?).:-)

FWIW, I also emailed Strat to let them know about the player set issue.

honestiago

PostThu May 25, 2017 10:16 am

I followed up on my query concerning the shuffle option, and received this:

"Hi,

We are working to correct this and put in back into place. We don't have an estimate right now but will let you know when it is working again.

Sincerely,
Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365"

So, when I find out, I'll certainly let everyone know, by posting the player set and league details. In the meantime, thank you for your patience.

On another note:
I proposed adding Mike Norris 1980 to the player pool and, after using the Stratomatic card viewer app, I wish he were in the set. Screwball="I kill lefties" (less than 10% OB against). Plus, he's a 9* (as expected from that team's starters). The Strat viewer has his WAR as 9.5, which doesn't jibe with baseball reference. Still, I wonder what his price point would be?

P.S. Wanna see somethin' really weird, check out Armas's '83 card. .218/.255/.453, with a straight out HOMERUN on 2-6 vs. RHP (a 2e7 [-4]). I wouldn't mind tossing him at the bottom of an ATG lineup for the D and the occasional dinger.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats