Randomination 10League Created. You may draft and enter team

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bcousy57

Re: Randomination SEASON #7 needs 2 managers!

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 8:40 pm

honestiago wrote:Well...it does not seem to like me. If anyone wants to create a 1,000-player set, all 185 parks available, please do so, and let us know the #. I've tried several different routes to do it, but it says, "No, sir. You are mediocre."

I gave it a couple of tries, once in Chrome and once in Firefox. Both times it came back blank.

It looks like the last usable set was http://365.strat-o-matic.com/playerset/browse/100387, created July 16 by Aray0113. I tried filling in a few sequential numbers above that in the URL (e.g., 100388, 100389, etc.) but gave up after 100400. Somebody page Garcia!

honestiago

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 8:42 pm

My "Contact Us" link appears dead, as well.

bcousy57

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 8:45 pm

honestiago wrote:My "Contact Us" link appears dead, as well.

I sent this email off to strat support just now:

Hi,

I have tried a few times to create a random 1,000 player set in ATG8, but each time it comes back blank. Another team owner mentioned having similar issues. It looks like the last successful “shuffle” was in mid-July. Any way we can get this working again?

Thanks!

Jeff

Member name: bcousy57

honestiago

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 8:47 pm

Thanks, Jeff. Now praying. (and listening to Cubs-Braves on Sirius):-)

honestiago

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 8:48 pm

I think it's probably my fault for spelling "nay" as "neigh."

mykeedee

Re: Randomination #7 FULL--Waiting for Strat to fix issue

PostSun Sep 02, 2018 10:55 am

Any progress yet?

honestiago

PostSun Sep 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Not yet. I go in periodically (several times a day) to create a pool, and get back a blank page.

bcousy57

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 3:38 pm

I haven’t received a response to my email yet, so I called the 800 number and spoke with a person who said she would relay my concerns to the 365 team. That’s all I know.

The Last Druid

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Just when you think SOM can't sink any lower with their abysmal approach to customer disservice...

They ALWAYS find new and creative ways to lower that bar. Not answering emails seems like a new twist.

Then again it is so wonderful to hear that there is a Strat 365 team. So it is not just the intrepid John Garica who hasn't been heard from in over four months...My guess is the team consists of Big Hal, Little John and maybe the person who answered the phone.

I refer you back to El Presidente (i.e. Dictator for Life) HAL RICHMAN's one message to the community 6 years and a couple of weeks ago, after TSN finally kicked our award winning customer service company to the curb. Big Hal said he was going to "grow the game". Six years later we are still on ATG 8, well documented glitches with the game have not been fixed over even addressed by our Heroes, Bernie Hou has long since parted ways with El Presidente and I'm pretty sure that the following message was little more than a PR stunt, with the exception of the lowered prices.

Yeah, maybe it's time to reverse mortgage my home and go all in on the new Strat Football teams, that we have all been breathlessly awaiting.

One thing about Big Hal and Little John. They make Trump, Obama and Bush appear almost credible when stacked up against the likes Mr. Big and Mr. Little. :roll: :lol:

Strat-O-Matic

Important Communication From Strat-O-Matic

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 4:30 pm
An important letter was just sent out to the community. Please check your e-mail to read the message. If you have not received it, please check your spam folder and make sure your e-mail address on your Strat-O-Matic account is up-to-date. If you cannot find the letter, we have pasted a copy of it below.

Dear Our Valued Community,

As President of Strat-O-Matic Media, I am just as upset as many of our customers about the initial launch of Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online. The difficulty of moving the game from The Sporting News site to ours has been a more challenging endeavor than anticipated.

I want to take this opportunity to give you information, assurance and incentive to keep enjoying Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online.

We wanted you all to know that we are employing programmers with more than 50 years of combined experience and have added three more programmers to the project. Please note that is three more programmers than The Sporting News had on the project. As a result of moving the game from The Sporting News to Strat-O-Matic, we were put in a position where we had to recode almost the entire suite of games. It was not as simple as just moving from one site to another as technologies needed to be updated to grow the games in the long term. At the same time, this change in the basic structure of our product has created some short term problems that will be resolved, but are still problems in the present nonetheless. Although the nature of the programming beast makes it difficult to project the dates these problems will be corrected, I assure you that they will be fixed. A smooth-running online game is a significant opportunity for us. It is in Strat-O-Matic Media’s interest, as well as yours, for us to solve these problems as quickly as possible.

The programmers are working overtime on this matter. We have assigned a Strat-O-Matic representative, John Garcia, to address your concerns. John will monitor the boards and provide progress reports via an FAQ format. As issues come up and as problems are resolved, he will post updates in our announcement section.

Strat-O-Matic has remained at the top of its field for 51 years because we have welcomed constructive criticism. We have repeatedly improved our games thanks to the creative ideas and informed criticism of our customers. If you keep your criticism constructive, it will help us now.

We intend to increase the volume of this business in order to reduce prices while adding features, games and platforms including access via an iPad app later next year. We begin with this show of good faith: Every member who has had a paid team compete in games at Strat-O-Matic.com thus far should check their account balance as each user has received a free credit for a team and may purchase additional credits at $14.95 each or a 5-pack for $64.95 through December 31, 2012. On January 1, 2013 we will end this promotion. However, even though the promotion will end at that time, prices will be lower than they were on The Sporting News site.

Additionally, we will be introducing a monthly lottery system that will award credits to gamers through various prizes announced at the end of every month. So now every time you participate in a league you will have an opportunity to win credits, even if you do not make the playoffs.
We want to provide you with the most fun and enjoyable game experience ever. We are asking you to join us in achieving this goal.

bcousy57

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 1:23 pm

I called Strat again today, and spoke with a person who said they were aware that someone is working on the issue. He mentioned they have been busy with the football launch. He said he hoped that by today or tomorrow somebody will have resolved the problem or gotten back to me.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats