New League: 80m, DH, Deadball Era cards only

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nels52

New League: 80m, DH, Deadball Era cards only

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm proposing a Deadball Era league, 80m, autodraft, with cards from 1920 and before. There's one important exception: no 1920 Babe Ruth. It's pretty obvious why that card just doesn't fit this format! (His pitching card would be OK.) Also there's a handful of Negro Leaguers from 1920 that are playable, otherwise the rest of the NeL guys don't qualify. About the DH rule: I realize it's sort of an anachronism for such a league, but I insist. I like the DH rule, and it allows the use of hitters that would otherwise not be considered. As far as ballparks: I'm thinking any park would be OK, but maybe we should stick to parks from to time period. Feedback? I checked, there are plenty of cards for each position, including cheap bench players and RP onlys. There's an assortment of non-* SP's if you want to use a 5-man staff.

All are invited to sign up for this league, which I think will be challenging and fun for mgrs. at all levels of experience. Anyone interested who has ideas about rules, etc., please speak up.

1. nels52

Rick Smith

Re: New League: 80m, DH, Deadball Era cards only

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 5:46 pm

[quote="nels52"]I'm proposing a Deadball Era league, 80m, autodraft, with cards from 1920 and before. There's one important exception: no 1920 Babe Ruth. It's pretty obvious why that card just doesn't fit this format! (His pitching card would be OK.) Also there's a handful of Negro Leaguers from 1920 that are playable, otherwise the rest of the NeL guys don't qualify. About the DH rule: I realize it's sort of an anachronism for such a league, but I insist. I like the DH rule, and it allows the use of hitters that would otherwise not be considered. As far as ballparks: I'm thinking any park would be OK, but maybe we should stick to parks from to time period. Feedback? I checked, there are plenty of cards for each position, including cheap bench players and RP onlys. There's an assortment of non-* SP's if you want to use a 5-man staff.

All are invited to sign up for this league, which I think will be challenging and fun for mgrs. at all levels of experience. Anyone interested who has ideas about rules, etc., please speak up.

1. nels52
2. Rick Smith

nels52

Re: New League: 80m, DH, Deadball Era cards only

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Hopefully this won't take too long to fill. :?: I haven't set the league up yet (need to build my team!) but I'll do so in the next few days. I'll use the Pre-WWII subset, so post-draft you won't be stuck with too many ineligible guys. After the draft, just remember to make adjustments to your roster so that all your players fit the rules of the league.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats