Actual Franchise Starter, Prospect, Rookie league open

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

dr.red

Actual Franchise Starter, Prospect, Rookie league open

PostMon Jan 09, 2017 6:18 pm

Please read below description before joining. Starter, Prospect, or Rookie level managers ONLY to help level the playing field - and give those of us who always lose in these leagues a chance! (posted with approval from michaelsklom)

Player Set: ATG 8
Skill Level: Standard
Draft type: Auto List Draft
Salary Cap: $250,000,000
FA Drop Penalty: 5%
Managers may own multiple teams: no
DH Rule: yes
Waivers: yes
Postseason Format: 2 rounds: Best-of-7, Best-of-7
Opening Day: TBD

Description: This is for Managers with a Starter, Prospect, or Rookie Rating ONLY PLEASE!!!!!! All Yankee only and NeL cards will be available in waivers. Actual card for franchise must be used AND the actual season. For example, the Cubs could not use Greg Maddux from seasons in Atlanta. No duplication of franchises. Be VERY CLEAR which two franchises you are choosing. Choose one from side Alpha and one from side Beta. Alpha side 1.Braves 2. Dodgers 3.Red Sox 4.Cubs 5.Tigers 6.Giants 7.Athletics 8.Phillies 9.Indians 10.Cards 11. Reds 12. Pirates Beta side: B1.Orioles B2. Angels B3.White Sox B4.Colorado B5. Marlins B6. Astros B7. Royals B8. Brewers B9. Expos/Nationals B10. Mets B11. Padres B12. Mariners B13. Twins/Senators B14. Blue Jays and finally B15. Rangers(not senators) Please drop illegal cards as soon as possible. Trades are allowed but within the confines of the above rules. Again this is for those of us that continually lose to MVP, All-star, and veteran managers. This should also allow newbies to explore the franchise model of leagues that seem so popular. Route questions to sklom@att.net

dr.red

Re: Actual Franchise Starter, Prospect, Rookie league open

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 11:12 am

Still slots available, let's get it filled and start on Monday!

centerfielder17

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 8:24 pm

I assume we have to use a ball park from one of our selected franchises, correct?

sdajr76

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm

you should make it a private league .
-steven

dr.red

PostThu Jan 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Ballparks: Since there's nothing stated either way, I think any ballpark is OK. There's an advantage to selecting a club park though, since many of these franchise leagues do require that and this is a good league to build on that.

Private league: Fair point, but I've always found that people are pretty good at reading the rules of all the various leagues and following them. There may be a handful that don't, but mostly this is a pretty solid community of fans of the game. It would be a shame if we had to start building more hurdles for newer or more casual players.

memphisjohn

Re: Actual Franchise Starter, Prospect, Rookie league

PostFri Jan 13, 2017 1:35 am

I would do this type of league, but having it on a first come, first served basis means that your last few teams I are combinations of the worst franchises. Why not have a serpentine draft to make it more fair?

centerfielder17

PostFri Jan 13, 2017 1:21 pm

dr.red wrote:Ballparks: Since there's nothing stated either way, I think any ballpark is OK. There's an advantage to selecting a club park though, since many of these franchise leagues do require that and this is a good league to build on that.

Private league: Fair point, but I've always found that people are pretty good at reading the rules of all the various leagues and following them. There may be a handful that don't, but mostly this is a pretty solid community of fans of the game. It would be a shame if we had to start building more hurdles for newer or more casual players.

OK, so yes or no on having to use a franchise park?

dr.red

PostFri Jan 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Ballpark: Not required to use a franchise park since it's not in the rules.

Draft: yes, I've seen leagues do that. It adds to the suspense for sure!

centerfielder17

PostFri Jan 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Just a suggestion:

If we want to have a serpentine draft for teams, you might want to consider changing this thread to be the sign up sheet and then, once the 12 spots are full, moving to the Individual League Chat page.

You can ask for someone to run a randomizer to set the draft order.

Then you can conduct the 'draft' right on that page. Once all the teams are set, you can create the league and everyone can enter their teams in.

dr.red

PostFri Jan 13, 2017 7:15 pm

I've seen leagues do that, but we're almost full with this one. Another time. I didn't set up the league, just trying to get it filled.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats